April 29, 2024, 08:24:33 PM

Author Topic: Battlegrounds Domination: General overview and a look at all the cards!  (Read 3023 times)

ArcaneDuels

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels - YouTube
Hey guys! We thought you might like to see that we did a two part series on the new Battlegrounds Domination content.

Battlegrounds Domination: New Gameplay Overview
This one focuses on the new rules, new game mechanics, and all the ways that it's changing up the strategy.
https://youtu.be/s89VeqbvBkw

Battlegrounds Domination: New Cards Overview
This one is all about the cards. Coshade runs through each of them giving some thoughts on how they'll with certain spellbook builds.
https://youtu.be/F8BZrsIJ-vo
Subscribe to us on YouTube to catch all of our videos!

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Great work, Good Job! :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Some mistakes I've noticed in the first video:

-v'tar orbs cannot give you life, but they can remove damage.
-v'tar orbs CAN be turned back to neutral after the sslak guarding it is dead. It takes two melee attacks to steal an orb that your opponent controls: one to turn it back to neutral, and another to turn it to your control.
-a 5x20 arena is not possible unless you buy 5 copies of the expansion. There are only 20 tiles in the expansion.
-corrode pool does not do direct damage. Corrode pool deals a corrode condition to each non-flying corporeal creature in its zone. A corrode condition lowers a creature's or conjuration's armor by 1. If a creature or conjuration that has no armor receives a corrode condition, the condition immediately falls off and deals 1 damage to that creature or conjuration (since armor cannot be below 0)
-5x4 is only one possible configuration for an arena using tile zones in the domination expansion, since the tile zones are separate pieces. They don't actually come as a 5x4 arena. In fact, 5x4 isn't mentioned anywhere in the rules. The actual example 2v2 arena that is shown in the rulebook is shaped quite differently. It has 14 zones total: 2x6 with two zones added near the bottom left side and near the top right side, with a secret passage connecting them.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
good work
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Thank you to Coshade, Intangible and everybody else at Arcane Duels for their hard work, not just on this, but on providing consistent content to the community! Hat's off to you guys!
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
Does arcane duels have a donate page?
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Hope you guys liked the review! I had a lot of stuff to cover and not a lot of time to record. Can't wait to get one for Academy as well! I'll talk to Intangible about getting a donation page up.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest