June 18, 2024, 07:29:50 AM

Author Topic: Octgn Thunderdome I.  (Read 43666 times)

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Octgn Thunderdome I.
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2015, 04:02:49 PM »
It's not about your top speed!

It's about what's in the ACME box...

Heh.  Yeah, I was thinking "the coyotes around here don't do 43 mph; maybe 43 km/h... even that sounds high.  Maybe if it were strapped to a rocket..."

In any case, google tells me an emu can hit 50 km/h and an ostrich can run at a sustained 50 km/h = ~ 31 mph and can reach a maximum of 70 km/h (~ 43 mph), which finally matches your jacked-up coyote's 43 mph.

Are you sure that isn't the critical velocity of a coyote falling from an arbitrarily high cliff?

*edit* Congrats on the original Gravikor art and signed cards.  That's some pretty sweet card art.

*edit again* You might want to test your local coyotes for anabolic steroids.  Or maybe stop giving them Red Bull.  Or just tell them to take it easy and slow down.  What's the hurry, anyway?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:28:58 PM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2015, 04:10:16 PM »
Is that the same artist who did our Zombie Brute Print, Ray?
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2015, 10:13:42 AM »
No.

The artist who did Zombie Brute, also did Fumble, stumble, Goblin Bomber, Tataree and the new Slaknir - Goblin Chieftain. As well as the goods for Sheriff of Nottingham.

The Artist for Gravikor also created Generals Signet Ring, Fog bank, Wall of Thorns, Archers Watchtower, Staff of Arcanum and Elemental Wand.

I own the original art for - Elemental Wand, Wall of Thorns, Gravikor, Archers Watchtower, and Fog Bank.

I will be in contact with the Artist of Slaknir to preorder some prints to pick up and GenCon.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2015, 10:39:03 AM »
I own the original art for - Elemental Wand, Wall of Thorns, Gravikor, Archers Watchtower, and Fog Bank.

I will be in contact with the Artist of Slaknir to preorder some prints to pick up and GenCon.

That's a great idea, I'd like to pick up a few as well. I need to find her site though...

Perhaps we should continue this discussion elsewhere? As in, not in this thread, Lol

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2015, 10:57:52 AM »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2015, 05:02:28 AM »
To all the players:

Please make sure to send me your deck for the tournament. That way you will confirm your participation.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2015, 08:28:16 AM »
The tournament has started!
Sadly some players did not answer my call for the tournament deck and were ruled out. We have 13 parcipitants left, what means, that 3 of them were randomly chosen to get advance to the Round of 8 without a fight.

You can see the tournament grid here.
http://challonge.com/ThunderdomeOne

To all the players of Round of 16. Please make sure, that you make contact with your opponent via Octgn to check for possible time frames for your game and send the information to Intangible (arcaneduels@gmail.com) and me (schwenkgott@web.de), so we can get up the stream in time. The games of Round of 16 have to be finished by sunday, the 12th July.

Lets get started!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:20:23 AM by Schwenkgott »
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2015, 09:18:16 AM »
Now the grid is up. We had a problem with one player not beeing added.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »
We will probably have 16 Players, there are some of them coming to the tournament a bit late, but in the end i will accept it, because we will have more games :)
The grid has been updated again. I think we wont have any wild cards for players, so every one should have to play his Round of 16 Match during the week.
Keep looking for updates on the grid. If you already have an opponent, that will not change and you can start the first match.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2015, 03:33:49 PM »
Still looking for one players! It's first come first serve. If you're unfamiliar I will personally teach you how to use it tonight. Please message myself or Schwenkgott ASAP.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2015, 07:05:53 PM »
Alright, the slot has been filled. We're good to go. For everyone else, we'll be putting the videos up at some point spook.

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2015, 12:31:54 AM »
Hey I registered on Challonge but my account but it looks like I can't officially join the tournament as it's already started. Can you guys add me manually?

Awesome that we did manage to fill all slots!

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2015, 01:57:58 AM »
We are full now, 16 Players :)
I had to add the last players manually, they are not linked to an email address.

For finding a time to play in the round of 16, just contact your opponent via this forum (search for his name in send message area) or via octgn (if he is online you'll see his name in users list).

Hairypoppins

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2015, 02:59:05 PM »
Good game to JonSnow123!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6