April 29, 2024, 03:12:40 AM

Author Topic: When will "Nature of the Beast" have a sequel?  (Read 1604 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
When will "Nature of the Beast" have a sequel?
« on: May 01, 2015, 10:00:10 AM »
And I KNOW you must have plans for a sequel because anyone who has read the ending of "Nature of the Beast" can tell that it's totally, perfectly setup for one in the "to be continued" kind of way. The book is rather short considering how long it took to be published, after all.

I'm not asking for a specific release date, I'm just asking if it's being worked on any time relatively soon, and whether it's likely to be released in two years or five years or ten years or whatever.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm writing an alternate universe fanfic of "Nature of the Beast" and I've started running rather low on story material to build off of with the current story arc. Basically all that happens in the original novel is that *SPOILER ALERT* Lithann goes to the anvil throne to investigate the creatures that kidnapped her friend, meets Digur, they adventure into the tunnels, meet Inesta, regroup, go back into the tunnels, rescue Lithann's friend, fight off the creatures who kidnapped him and escape back to the surface.

In other words, their entire adventure takes place almost entirely in the tunnels over the course of a few days, maybe a week of time. And since in the story I'm writing the characters decide to do the smart and sensible thing right away and go warn and request aid from the other nations about the rock devil threat, that basically puts the excursion into the rock devil tunnels, which was basically the entire plot of the book, on hold while they go to Victoria, which they were only about to do at the end of the original novel.

I don't want to sit on this project for so long that it starts to gather dust or becomes less fresh in my mind. I've been waiting to start writing this for nearly a year, and I don't want it all to fail now. Please, please tell me that we'll be seeing more of the characters from "Nature of the Beast" relatively soon. Please?

Thank you so much!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: When will "Nature of the Beast" have a sequel?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 10:14:49 AM »
Plans for sequel are definetly there. But i think the main decisive factor here is sales of the first book. I am trying to get my hands on it but amazon is still offering me a paper back version and post cost is too much :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )