April 30, 2024, 05:20:45 AM

Author Topic: Questions about the gods of Etheria  (Read 4682 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Questions about the gods of Etheria
« on: April 30, 2015, 07:16:46 AM »
If mortals rebelled against the gods' rule over them, would any of the gods support their rebellion? And I mean really support it, not just pretend to support it so they could seize power for themselves. If none of the gods would be truly supportive of such an endeavor, why not, and which ones would be sympathetic with the rebellion and think they have good reasons, but still disagree with their decision to rebel?

Also, do the Straywood, Wychwood, Johktari,  Salenia or Sortilege have gods?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:21:25 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sabrath_Kell

• Official Loremaster of Etheria
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • @ArraxCrown on Twitter
Re: Questions about the gods of Etheria
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 12:33:20 PM »
I think that by and large, the mortals of Etheria are content with the rule of their gods; I don't see much unrest in that area currently.

Etherian gods and goddesses align most closely with the schools of magic -- in other words, gods and goddesses for Holy, Dark, Nature, War, etc. That Pantheon stretches across Etheria (for the most part), so mages in Ivarium, Selenia or Westlock would still commune with the same Greater Powers.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Questions about the gods of Etheria
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 04:09:35 PM »
I think that by and large, the mortals of Etheria are content with the rule of their gods; I don't see much unrest in that area currently.

Etherian gods and goddesses align most closely with the schools of magic -- in other words, gods and goddesses for Holy, Dark, Nature, War, etc. That Pantheon stretches across Etheria (for the most part), so mages in Ivarium, Selenia or Westlock would still commune with the same Greater Powers.

That's why I said "IF they rebelled". I figured there wasn't that much unrest right now, but I was wondering what would happen if there was enough unrest. And I wasn't asking how likely it would be for the mortals to rebel, my question had to do with the gods' stances on the issue.

Also, do the Druids have a god?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:12:56 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sabrath_Kell

• Official Loremaster of Etheria
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • @ArraxCrown on Twitter
Re: Questions about the gods of Etheria
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 06:45:00 PM »
There are three Nature dieties in the Etherian pantheon:
• Meredia (the Word Spirit)
• Rajan (Lord of Beasts) -- this the diety in [mwcard=MW1J01]Rajan's Fury[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1E21]Hawkeye[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1E36]Rhino Hide
[/mwcard]
• Rihanna (The Quiet Cultivator)

Druids usually tend to worship Meredia, who is thought of as the energizing life force that animates the world, or Rihanna -- Rajan’s twin sister -- who is concerned with nurturing the harmony between the humanoid races and plants.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock