April 23, 2024, 07:39:11 PM

Author Topic: Will it ever be possible to summon Akiro, Bellicar or Asyra etc.?  (Read 4517 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
I'm kinda curious about this.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Will it ever be possible to summon Akiro, Bellicar or Asyra etc.?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 08:55:32 AM »
I'm kinda curious about this.

Good question.  I could see keeping "gods" from making an appearance in the game aside from flavour text, but given the presence of [mwcard=MW1C01]Adramelech[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1C23]Malacoda[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1C39]Valshalla[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1C31]Samandriel[/mwcard] and [mwcard=FWC13]Selesius[/mwcard], I fully expect to see more (arch) angels and (greater) demons, like [mwcard=PRIESTABILITYOUTLINE]Malakai[/mwcard], Malaked, [mwcard=MW1Q21]Moloch[/mwcard], Abbadon, Bael, Esemere, Selverane and Grethmene.

And of course, a return of the [mwcard=MWSTX2FFC10]dragons[/mwcard].
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 09:36:24 AM »
If I recall correctly, In Mage Wars, when a mage summons a creature, they're not dragging a creature across time and space into the arena, but instead creating a local representation. The actual [mwcard=MW1C06]Brogan Bloodstone[/mwcard] is still at work somewhere else, but there's a sort of copy of him in the arena today.

This goes double for the extremely powerful cosmic entities like [mwcard=MW1C01]Adramelech, Lord of Fire[/mwcard]. Mages can summon an aspect of the Prince of Infernia, but his actual power is stratospherically greater than what a mage can summon and control. [mwcard=MWSTX2FFC12]Talos[/mwcard], for example, is an animated incarnation of Akiro. Akiro's actual presence in the arena would be a cataclysm.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Sabrath_Kell

• Official Loremaster of Etheria
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • @ArraxCrown on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
I doubt that MW would ever summon a god to the arena, even as a shadow or reflection. Adramelech is actually not a god, just a very powerful demon, and ruler of Infernia. 

More about that here, if you are interested. http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15389.0
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock