April 29, 2024, 03:49:41 AM

Author Topic: Master Set - 6 of each card  (Read 3775 times)

Dapuma

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Master Set - 6 of each card
« on: September 29, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »
What is the best way (or cheapest) way to get 6 of each card to make each deck x2

Seems like i have 6 of some cards and not of others, however i bought a core set and tome pack and seems like i only have 4 jink...seems like everyone would run 6 of those in each deck...so what is the best way to get there

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Master Set - 6 of each card
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »
Well, not every mage needs Jinx. Mages like the Beastmaster and Priestess who tend to hang back are generally not in range to use it very often, so they wouldn't need 6 copies if any at all. The Wizard will likely like 6 because it denies the opponent a Quickcast.

As for getting more, your only choices are another Core, more Tomes, or wait for the school specific boosters they are planning.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 03:35:13 PM »
I thought Jinx was amazing the first time I saw it too, but then I thought about it.  You are using an action to cast Jinx and ultimately spending 3 mana (2 if you have Arcane Ring equipped).  Your opponent gets his mana back, plus the spell goes back to his spell book, so all he loses is an action...you lose an action, 3 mana and a spell.  Not exactly a winning proposition for the mage who played Jinx.  There are certainly a few times I can see it being used effectively, such as when you have your opponent on the ropes and you are trying to prevent healing/escape, but it's not nearly as good a card as you would think at first blush.  

So, yeah, definitely not a six per book kind of spell for any mage, unless you enjoy spending resources so that both you and your opponent can lose an action.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 10:41:34 PM »
does jinx refund the mana too?  hmmmm yeah not nearly as good as i thought.  however, it can be good  if you are correctly predicting your opponents action. for example  casting jinx right before a priestess casts her big heal spell, thats good as you may be able to kill her that turn then.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 06:15:57 AM »
Hi, first post! :-P Um, ok. :-D

I had the same thought as the OP, and wanted extras of certain cards, specifically, but, yeah, getting whole X of release was too much money, so I went searching online and found this site. It's pretty bare-bones, so there aren't pictures or anything, but I was able to find what I needed. I think they're being shipped on Monday, so I'll let you know what happens with that. If it works out, it's awesome, because I think a lot of people might not want dupes of every card, but will probably want to fine-tune certain decks (like me...I don't have any interest in how the Beastmaster plays, for example, so I don't really need anything pertaining specifically to him). Anyway, blah. I'm kind of a ranter, haha. Maybe I'm speaking too soon? I'll update when I get my order and everything.

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 11:07:26 AM »
Remember when using Jinx it does not play the roll of a counter spell. It is more like Remand from magic it is used to buy you time.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 12:25:55 PM »
Oh, hi. Sorry. I meant to update this before, but forgot. I received the cards I ordered some days ago.

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.