April 28, 2024, 06:56:21 AM

Author Topic: enchantment transfusion  (Read 10543 times)

Ophidimancer

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: enchantment transfusion
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 12:35:40 AM »
Hmm .. ran into another question in my game against the husband tonight.  I was on my Beastmaster and he was on his Warlock.  He revealed Enchantment Transfusion to move a stack of three curses to me, the first one (he picked which one since it was his initiative) was Nullified, and then I wanted to reveal an Enchantment Transfusion on my Fellella to move another Nullify to my mage to prevent a second curse, but we ruled that was an interruption of the one action used to move all three curses, so I took two curses.

Did we do that correctly?  Do you count the transfusion of multiple face down enchantments as all one action, or are they separate (and this interruptable by the reveal of another Enchantment Transfusion)?  If they are separate, do they count as being cast on the target, or is moving an enchantment different than casting it?
You can't Nullify Enchantment Transfusion like that. Nullify is triggered during the Counter Spell. When you reveal ET like this it has already been successfully cast. Currently there is not much you can do to avoid ET once it is revealed. Zuberi might have more on this front, but that is what I can come up with this late at night.

I was using the Nullify on the face down enchantment that ET moved onto me.  Does that not count as casting that enchantment then?  Oof, that's pretty nasty.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 04:09:07 AM »
Enchantment transfusion is an awesome card.  Check out Borg's discussion of his strategy in this post:  http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15871.0

He starts midway down with a comparison of two books, his has 5 ET's in it and its a really strong strategy to build around.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 08:47:32 AM »
I was using the Nullify on the face down enchantment that ET moved onto me.  Does that not count as casting that enchantment then?  Oof, that's pretty nasty.
So a Enchantment is being cast. i.e. 2 mana paid, and it is attached face down to the target, then it can be Nullified during the Counterspell step. If the spell has already be cast and we are talking about using an ET to move Enchantments from one object to another then Nullify will be effect that process.

At this point it is unclear to me, what is going on.

I was using the Nullify on the face down enchantment that ET moved onto me.
How was it being moved onto you in the first place? Just trying to make sure that it is clear of the Enchantment (ET) was being cast, and that it wasn't being moved after it was cast.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Ophidimancer

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 09:03:49 AM »
How was it being moved onto you in the first place? Just trying to make sure that it is clear of the Enchantment (ET) was being cast, and that it wasn't being moved after it was cast.

He had an ET and three curses already face down on a bat. Then when I got close enough to the bat, he revealed ET and moved the three curses to my mage.

I had a nullify on me and another nullify banked on Fellella with an ET on her as well.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 09:07:40 AM »

He had an ET and three curses already face down on a bat. Then when I got close enough to the bat, he revealed ET and moved the three curses to my mage.

I had a nullify on me and another nullify banked on Fellella with an ET on her as well.
Ok, that is what I originally thought, yes, [mwcard=MW1E29]Nullify[/mwcard] at that point is useless, as there is not a Counterspell Step when you are transfusing the Enchantments over.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Ophidimancer

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 09:13:12 AM »

Ok, that is what I originally thought, yes, [mwcard=MW1E29]Nullify[/mwcard] at that point is useless, as there is not a Counterspell Step when you are transfusing the Enchantments over.
That's even more dangerous than I had originally thought, then. Ouch.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 04:30:21 PM »
Hmm .. ran into another question in my game against the husband tonight.  I was on my Beastmaster and he was on his Warlock.  He revealed Enchantment Transfusion to move a stack of three curses to me, the first one (he picked which one since it was his initiative) was Nullified, and then I wanted to reveal an Enchantment Transfusion on my Fellella to move another Nullify to my mage to prevent a second curse, but we ruled that was an interruption of the one action used to move all three curses, so I took two curses.

Did we do that correctly?  Do you count the transfusion of multiple face down enchantments as all one action, or are they separate (and this interruptable by the reveal of another Enchantment Transfusion)?  If they are separate, do they count as being cast on the target, or is moving an enchantment different than casting it?
You can't Nullify Enchantment Transfusion like that. Nullify is triggered during the Counter Spell. When you reveal ET like this it has already been successfully cast. Currently there is not much you can do to avoid ET once it is revealed. Zuberi might have more on this front, but that is what I can come up with this late at night.

Also worthy of note is that the curses already have been successfully cast. All they are doing is being moved to a new object.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 04:59:42 AM »

Also worthy of note is that the curses already have been successfully cast. All they are doing is being moved to a new object.
So what about [mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ05]Harshforge Plate[/mwcard] then? It states that the enchantments targeting this mage cost 2 additional mana "to cast". If the enchantment is cast already, just moving it to the mage having Harshforge Plate equipped should not cost additional mana. Correct?
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 08:33:28 AM »

So what about [mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ05]Harshforge Plate[/mwcard] then? It states that the enchantments targeting this mage cost 2 additional mana "to cast". If the enchantment is cast already, just moving it to the mage having Harshforge Plate equipped should not cost additional mana. Correct?

That is correct.  The Arcane mages get to cheat again.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 08:52:52 AM »
ET is in my opinion a stupid powerful card. Those force crush/magebane/ghoul rot/.. builds I see a lot at the moment are nearly impossible to stop and can almost only be stopped when playing very good and predicting the opponents moves. In the past they could easily be stopped with a [mwcard=MW1I21]Purge Magic[/mwcard] or [mwcard=FWI01]Destroy Magic[/mwcard]. Enchantment transfusion is the perfect way to protect their expensive enchantments. You need multiple (seeking) dispels and nullifies to even make a chance. multiple [mwcard=MWSTX1CKJ01]Enchanter's Wardstone[/mwcard]s make this build even harder to counter.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:08:34 AM by Halewijn »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Puddnhead

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 09:06:37 AM »
Let the creature builds ARISE!  Take back the Night!

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 12:30:24 PM »
How much i wish to see working goblin swarm :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 12:51:11 PM »
How much i wish to see working goblin swarm :)

It's pretty awesome in Domination.  Just need to keep Slaknir alive to have ultra-cheap elusive creatures popping up at Barracks and/or Garrison Posts.  The threat of goblin invasion is real!!

Puddnhead

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 12:56:50 PM »
No we need to lobby Arcane Wonders for a card that lets all goblins come into play with their action markers active!

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 01:06:32 PM »
No we need to lobby Arcane Wonders for a card that lets all goblins come into play with their action markers active!

Altar of the Aroused Beasties?
"Whenever a goblin creature you control enters play, flip its action marker to the active side."

What I'd like is a [mwcard=MWSTX2FFJ06] Rolling Fog[/mwcard]-like arena-affecting conjuration that grants all undead creatures the Elusive trait - with some number of Dissipate markers, of course.  Maybe call it "Cover of Darkness" or "Shadow of Death."  Would be great in the late rounds of Domination, when you're trying to steal orbs (or at least turn them off).  Otherwise, undead creatures in particular suffer from a significant lack of Elusiveness (and can't be targeted by Mongoose Agility / Panther Stealth, etc).

[/threadjack]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:08:39 PM by iNano78 »