March 29, 2024, 03:18:10 AM

Author Topic: alternate wizard  (Read 8578 times)

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
alternate wizard
« on: August 11, 2014, 11:58:01 AM »
will the alternate wizard have something to do with time? She has an hour glass.  ???

Ganpot

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: alternate wizard
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 12:15:45 PM »
I would doubt it.  Arcane Wonders will probably reserve something that different for a new Mage instead.  Maybe an arcane and mind one? 

If you're looking forward to a Chronomancer, the bad news is that several new Mages have just been revealed (in the new podcast).  If the Chronomancer is even a thing, it won't be coming out for a very long time. 

Myrddin

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 12:50:48 PM »
I would doubt it.  Arcane Wonders will probably reserve something that different for a new Mage instead.  Maybe an arcane and mind one? 

If you're looking forward to a Chronomancer, the bad news is that several new Mages have just been revealed (in the new podcast).  If the Chronomancer is even a thing, it won't be coming out for a very long time.
I wouldn't be so sure - a previous Magewars Monday hinted heavily that there was a clue to the new mage's abilities in the picture...

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=14379.0

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 01:02:54 PM »

Could you pls send link!?

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »
Either that or she is a pure scholar, I have no idea of what this powers may be

Ganpot

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 03:01:23 PM »
Could you pls send link!?
Sorry for the delay; I was on a short trip.  http://www.letslevelup.net/?p=753

I wouldn't be so sure - a previous Magewars Monday hinted heavily that there was a clue to the new mage's abilities in the picture...

I wasn't aware of that.  Hmmm....  The hourglass is rather conspicuous, I'll grant you that.  The other possible hints are the slender dagger (tucked into her waistband), the parchment / scroll rolled up in a carrying case, her staff (light element?), and her owl (a new familiar?).  I'm still skeptical that the devs will give the female wizard a completely different specialty than the male one (the current alternates are pretty similar to their base counterparts in that regard), but who knows. 

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »
One objection, they said in the same one the owl didn't mean anything.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 02:05:02 PM »

For reference:

Is the staff in her mage art a Staff of Storms?  The art certainly makes her look more in-tune to nature than the existing male wizard. Thematically, perhaps she regrets the decisions made by Sortilege Wizards to manipulate the natural world that resulted in the Darkfenne abominations?

Looking at promos and such, I could see her getting discount(s) for the Air (and possibly Water?) elemental school(s), and an ability that might give her Damage Type +1 for "Wind" (and possibly "Hydro"?) attacks.  This would work well with the Gale Force Ring (which doesn't directly increase damage), Wind Storm and Sandstorm attack spells, etc.  Her image also shows up on Acid Blast, which may or may not imply some training in the Water school.   In terms of creatures, there seem to be a lot of Nature-school promo creatures that could work with her, including Oscuda (who has a poisonous "stink cloud" attack), Lightning Beetle, .  Her spell book might also feature the Gloves of Skill to help with her ranged Wind attacks, and Lightning Strike might help her melee creatures. And having some sympathy for Nature might also be reflected in Raincloud.  Aside from that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wall of Poison Gas show up with her (and maybe more copies of [mwcard=MW1J18]Poison Gas Cloud[/mwcard]?).  And of course any expansion that includes a Wizard would be a good place to print Mordok's Tome.

I could see her in a Kumanjaro-like expansion paired off against the male Forcemaster.  His spell book might feature Wall of Force, Chitin Armor (to counter the Wizard's Acid Blast), Flame Strike (mostly to compliment Lightning Strike, but emphasizing the aggressive style of the Forcemaster), and presumably a bunch of Mind-school spells we haven't seen yet, including something that allows a mage to gain flying - perhaps just temporarily, maybe via a "Levitate" Incantation?

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster