April 24, 2024, 02:31:05 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars - INNOVATION!  (Read 8097 times)

KosmosAlive

• Mage Wars Enthusiast
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The universe abounds with life, without a doubt.
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Zea - Project Website (Under Construction)
Mage Wars - INNOVATION!
« on: November 17, 2014, 11:54:01 AM »
Hi!

This is my first post here on the Mage Wars forums. I've been an ally of the Mage Wars since  few years ago, and I have several of the expansions. I love this game so much, I thought to myself: 'What can I do to help enrich the world of Etheria?' The answer is through creativity!  ;D

I hope other people want to generate their own designs. I will be very excited to see a mtg-set-editor type program for Mage Wars, so that players can have access to Mage Wars' fantastic framework for creation.

As an example of a Creature spell that could be possible with such an initiative, I have crafted a Level 6 Nature Creature named Alutari, Ancient Shapeshifter. Please note that all rights to the artwork belong to a DeviantArt user named BoneGoddess. I do not claim to own any of the concepts, images, artwork, or other digital representations displayed. However, I firmly believe that, with the explicit agreement of Arcane Wonders and all affiliated parties, players who create Mage Wars content should be able to protect their work from unfair reproduction. All I ask is that one give credit to the idea when reposting this; thank you  ;).

file:///C:/Users/KatKarl/Documents/Mage%20Wars/NEW%20WORK/Alutari,%20Ancient%20Shapeshifter%20V2.png

--the Iron Legionnaire

P.S. Please, how do I add an image properly??? The attachment only adds a blank image tag after the first try of opening a file :O
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:55:33 AM by IronLegionnaire »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
-- Kosmos

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars - INNOVATION!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 12:09:45 PM »
Welcome, IronLegionnaire.

I usually use an image hosting site like www.use.com, since the forums don't really have very good image hosting capabilities. use.com also takes care of html formatting for posting the images.

Are you saying that you are developing a Mage Wars mtg set editor module? If so, I am sure that would be useful to many people.

KosmosAlive

• Mage Wars Enthusiast
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 02:42:00 PM »
Thank you!

I have two questions. First, since the artwork is from an author who I have not contacted, I wonder about plagiarism (intellectual property) on the use.com terms of service, and uploading in general. Second, from the use.com terms of service, I can't seem to find out if they own your uploads like with facebook, or not. Have you found any info on that?

About the Mage Wars card-making program, I sure wish I could make one! Actually, very soon I will be in another trimester and have an opportunity to take a programming class of some sort. This project would be my number one choice. I have already begun work on a Mage Wars Fanbased Catalog, which will detail each Realm, Mage, and Spell in the game and its expansions, and hopefully provide users with strategy-gameplay discussions and a platform for fanficiton.

Thanks again, ACG! :)

--the Iron Legionnaire
-- Kosmos

KosmosAlive

• Mage Wars Enthusiast
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 02:52:02 PM »
BTW I thought I should mention I am a bit worried about losing Alutari as a character, and I want the worst-case scenario to be nothing more than making my own artwork--cause that would be fun! :D
-- Kosmos

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »
Regarding ip concerns: I don't know for sure, but suspect that posting another person's artwork without their consent would violate the terms of service.

Regarding ownership:

Use.com does not claim ownership of the Content you place or otherwise make available through the Service. By submitting Content for inclusion on the Service, you grant Use.com a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, make derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute and publish the Content solely for the purpose of providing and promoting the Service in any and all media. This license exists for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you remove or Use.com removes the Content from the Service. You remain the owner of all Content that you submit to the Service, and as a condition to use of the Service, you represent and warrant to Use.com that you are the owner of the copyright to Content you submit to the Service or that you have written permission from the copyright owner to submit such Content. In addition, should you opt, while uploading content, to allow codes to be generated enabling others to link to your content and/or display it on their webpages, you agree that such content may be linked to or displayed by non-Use.com websites and you consent to such linking or display.

My advice is either get permission or make your own artwork. If you are interested primarily in game mechanics (as I am), you don't need very fancy artwork; just enough so that the card is recognizable across the table.

KosmosAlive

• Mage Wars Enthusiast
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 04:35:42 PM »
This helps a great deal, thanks!

How can I send you an image file?

--the Iron Legionnaire :)
-- Kosmos

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »
Send an image file to me specifically? You could host it on use.com or on dropbox and pm me a link, I suppose.

KosmosAlive

• Mage Wars Enthusiast
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 10:43:08 PM »
How about email?
-- Kosmos