April 29, 2024, 01:40:00 AM

Author Topic: GAMA 2015  (Read 8492 times)

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: GAMA 2015
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 03:56:03 PM »
Given the nature of the game, I assumed there wouldn't be conjurations at all. And it would make sense to eliminate armour, too, since the desired match length is about 30 min. Basically, there's no such thing as a slow deck or long-term strategy, and you want to reduce the number of card types, so no need for extra channeling, walls, temples/totems/spawn points, etc. I could see doing away with equipment entirely, but the box art shows typical weapons for the mages. Perhaps weapons could be included as mage traits on their cards, similar to the way a Warlock or Beastmaster has Battle Skill or Archer Skill granting +1 melee/ranged.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 04:17:08 PM »
From what i can see I thought that both mages have some sort of armour in front of them lying in one of the pictures. It is the last picture I am referring to.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 04:31:17 PM »
From what i can see I thought that both mages have some sort of armour in front of them lying in one of the pictures. It is the last picture I am referring to.

Ah yes. I see an armour and a bow in each of a couple photos.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 06:23:25 PM »

Ah yes. I see an armour and a bow in each of a couple photos.

Yeah you're right it was just kind of hard to see.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 07:04:22 AM »
I just noticed there's no separate place to keep track of channeling in the picture. Can you not modify your channeling stat in Academy? Nothing like mana crystals? And I also noticed that there's no "0 armor" symbol, unlike in Arena. Does that mean that there will eventually be Arena mages who can't gain armor or who start with some innate armor, but not in Academy?

I'm guessing their ability cards are different? Will the academy mages be forward compatible with arena, or just the spells?

The channeling value seem to be hard printed on the mana track (look like a star around the number) so my guess is that they can't increase it. For armor, I guess since mages start always at 0, it was either useless to print it or to be sure the game stay quick, mages can't get armor.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 07:49:55 AM »
The armor is printed on the Mage card as well as on the creature cards. The Mages in Academy start at zero armor just as in regular MW. The mages can gain armor in the current stage of playtesting.

Academy is still in development and Playtesting so nothing is set in stone and things can change before the final release.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 09:24:05 AM by V10lentray »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid