April 19, 2024, 02:59:35 AM

Author Topic: Paladin and Siren speculation  (Read 62005 times)

Mika

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin and Siren speculation
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2014, 12:24:35 PM »
Thanks for answer.  :)

I'm a newbie and I think that MW is a incredible game. Superb.

But. I see how many Mages are comming, and people want more and more.

In my opinion, I prefer 10 Mages nice balanced to 20 with "hard play modes" or "easy wins".

By the moment, only 2 School / Mages tested. 21 duels with my crew:
http://boardgamegeek.com/plays/thing/101721?userid=231831

Blasting Banker is amazing. Well played, almost unbeatable. Ok, nice for a League / Tournament.

But I prefer the "hard way"; As a "defensive player" in all my wargames, I checked the best option, and I founded interesting the "Good Side" with Humans / Elfs fighting together, so Priestess was my 1st choice. Tarkin84, an spanish veteran player, had a lot of nice stuffs / tactics to play in his Blog. And I started testing it. Some of my victories were really fun, and epic too.

But I think, and its my humble opinion, that vs the Dark Magic, Priestess is underpowered; I have to kill enemies with the help of the dices; meanwhile the Curses or Conjurations (Deathlock, Idol of Pestilence, Altar of Skulls) kill you / your creatures doing nothing; so here we have a big problem! I want to play with my Priestess, but having real chances to win!

Btw: Lots of Curses & a pair of Wardstones / Wall of Stones. Thats the "easy way" I mentioned.
The "good guys" are f*cked :| , but will be pleased if you link me a "Holy vs Dark" duel...

Thank in advance and sorry for my opinions.

Quote from: sIKE
15 Enchantments on your mage? You can only have one of each type of Enchantment one your mage at the same time. [mwcard=MW1I08]Drain Life[/mwcard] costs 12 Mana for 5 Dice and [mwcard=MW1I17]Minor Heal[/mwcard] only costs 5 so Dispel the [mwcard=MW1E31]Poisoned Blood[/mwcard] and Minor Hear for a total of 10 Mana vs. his 17 Mana spent.

No! Sorry for my english  :-[ We know the Rule about same enchatments on the same target.
Thats the Curses I found in the Warlock's Book (we are friends, we are testing our Books).

Go meta against this book. Pack a bunch of Dispels, Seeking Dispels, Dissolves, and Reverse Magic's. Bring out a couple of Bigs with good timing like [mwcard=MW1C06]Brogan Bloodstone[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1C31]Samandriel, Angel of Light[/mwcard] and for fun bring along a couple of Wands and put a throw away spell (Minor Heal) on it to bait out a Dissolve. Live with the curses other than Poisoned Blood(it goes immediately) put on a [mwcard=MW1Q23]Regrowth Belt[/mwcard]. Keep your creatures on him I bet you it will not take long for him to get out of Cursing range. When you get a good amount of Damage on him face down a Reverse Magic on yourself (if you have time a [mwcard=MWSTX1CKE04]Enchantment Transfusion[/mwcard] will let you shift it to a different creature targeted by the Drain Life even).

Just some thoughts...

Actually 6 Dispels, 6 Dissolves & 2 Seeking Dispels in my Book. 28 points for my defense.
I dont like "Reverse Magic", because you can't decide when to play it. 
And yes, I assume there will be a lot of good tactics against the Necros / Wizards / Warlocks, just remembering to our Designers, that today the Holy school need a little buff.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:28:02 PM by Mika »
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2014, 01:09:09 PM »

Actually 6 Dispels, 6 Dissolves & 2 Seeking Dispels in my Book. 28 points for my defense.

That's insane. That leaves you no room for teleports and Banish.

2 of each if more than sufficient.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2014, 03:02:52 PM »

That's insane. That leaves you no room for teleports and Banish.

Typically yes but heavy on these against a hard Curse lock is really needed. He did say that was how many curses were in the book, but never said anything about how many were played onto the Priestess....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2014, 03:15:54 PM »
Also, Purify is great against Ghoul Rot and Poisoned Blood.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »
I keep forgetting how strong [mwcard=MW1I20]Purify[/mwcard] is against a Curselock....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Mika

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2014, 05:17:42 PM »
Quote from: V10lentray
That's insane. That leaves you no room for Teleports and Banish.

Maybe in your game group... we are Xtrem players, check the Warlock's Book before commented.

40 points, a third of my Book, with Incantations:
6x Dissolve (12)
6x Dispel (12)
2x Seeking Dispel (4)
2x Teleport (8 )
2x Purify (2)
2x Minor Heal (2)

And killed by a combination of Curses & hard Attacks (no the useless Pillar of Light / Blinding Flash) which are really cheap for a Warlock / Fire Wizard... the Tournament's typical mages.

He did say that was how many Curses were in the book, but never said anything about how many were played onto the Priestess...

2 Ghoul Rot on me *1 discarded with 1 of my 2 Purify
1 Poisoned Blood on me *discarded with 1 Dispel
1 Nullify to protect from Dispel on me *1st card was a Decoy, destroyed with my Seeking Dispel
1 Chains of Agony (never revealed, I was stopped in Mohktari, the Great Tree zone)
2 Attacks of Fire (Flameblast) - I had the Dragonscale, 2 copies *1 Dissolved
1 Magebind on me
1 Burn marker always on me thanks to Adramelech's Torment *Dissolved (never discarded, always 2 or 1 burn damage in the upkeep check)
1 Drain Life (final Attack)
+
1 Battle Forge *destroyed by Brogan, with 3 (!) round attacks -horrible dices, btw-
1 Agony on my Guardian Angel -1 Attack dice-
1 Death Link on my Guardian Angel (never revealed)
1 Enfeeble on my Knight Brogan -Slow-
1 Encharters Wardsonte *destroyed by my Angel with Cheetah Speed, after Dispel the Agony -Fast-
1 Wall of Bones protecting the Wardstone from my Royal Archer in Mohktari's zone

He played nice, and I did all that I could. Underpowered vs Dark Mages, believe me; yesterday I fall again, but this time vs a Beastmaster in a long & funny duel, with nice battles of Angels vs Tarok & Falcons, and my chanpion Brogan vs lots of Wolves... I surrender when my Priestess was alone vs too many Creatures, but at least I had my chance to win. Not this time, and pretty sure neither vs the Blasting Banker.

Quote from: Laddinfance

2x Purify always in my Book. Agree. But he had 4 copies of each Poisoned Curses...
Dark Magic has better Spells, thats my point of view.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:45:41 PM by Mika »

Enti

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2014, 01:18:42 AM »
Mika, my favorite mages are the priestress and the warlock. They are also my most played mages - we could play a match via OCTGN to test your claims.
I play priestress you play warlock. Because in my opinion the priestress is the strongest mage and has a good chance to win in every setup, even against necromancer and warlocks.

Mika

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2014, 09:08:49 AM »
Enti, thats very kind of you.  :)  Thank you very much.

Will check how works the OCTGN... never used before.

But please, remember my conclusion:

Ways to deliver damage with a "Dark Mage / Wizard":
- Attacks
- Creatures
- Curses

Ways to deliver damage with a "Holy Priest/ess":
- Creatures

Because you will be Dispealing Curses / Healing your Creatures, never using useless Attacks.

"Temple of Light" now is useless, never in my Book. Something like "Wizard's Tower" will be much better.

And now, the "Dark creatures" are really good; resilient, regrowth... Same level that "Guardian Angels" or "Knights"... At least give us back the "Air Superiority", but no with the "Victorian Griffin", expensive and not so good, we need something new (and cheaper in Book points / Mana cost):

::)

And the Lvl 1 "Holy Armor" (!!!)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:15:17 AM by Mika »