April 27, 2024, 03:04:06 AM

Author Topic: Why the Beastmaster isn't very good  (Read 22185 times)

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Why the Beastmaster isn't very good
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 08:40:47 PM »
Well, I made most of my points about the Priest in my original thread, and for the most part that hasn't changed.  (Except maybe casually insulting the Warlord, looks like now it's going to be the Johktari Beastmaster that gets all the scorn. ; )

Actually, I think it's great that we can have such differing, yet logically supported opinions on this.  Helps demonstrate that Mage Wars is a complex and fun game, with no single winning strategy.

My opinion is still the correct one, though!  *ducks and runs*

Wise fool

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2014, 08:02:07 AM »
Okay... so... the straywood beastmaster won the tournament.  He still looks silly with that beard!

I wish the warlord had fared better at Gencon.  And did I miss it or was the Necromancer completely unrepresented?  I'd like for all the builds to have a shot at winning so that player skill is the deciding factor.  I think the beastmaster aviary is an affirmation for how balanced the mages really are.  A single new card like Etherian lifetree can have a huge impact down the line.  Here's hoping an overlooked card in some future expansion (or already released product) puts the Warlord over the top at the next Gencon.  Goblin Aviary!?

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »
There were 5 Necromancer books at Gencon. along with 5 ForceMasters and 5 or 6 Wizards.

3 of the wizards made the final 4.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid