April 29, 2024, 02:32:18 AM

Author Topic: Firey Warlock  (Read 4605 times)

GeorgeFalcon

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • It's impossible to channel 1.21 Gigawatts!
    • View Profile
Firey Warlock
« on: September 09, 2014, 05:08:21 PM »
Adramelech Warlock

Equipment

1x Demonhide Armor
1x Lash of Hellfire
1x Bloodfire Helmet
1x Fireshaper Ring
1x Cloak of Shadows
1x Gauntlets of Strength
1x Leather Boots
1x Mage Wand

Conjurations

1x Gate to Hell

Enchantments

2x Decoy
2x Reverse magic
6x Bear Strength
1x Circle of Fire
2x Mind Shield
1x Rhino Hide
2x Nullify
2x Hellfire Trap
3x Adramelech's Touch
1x Harmonize

Incantations

4x Ignite
2x Explode
1x Vampiric Strike

Attacks

2x Flameblast
2x Fireball
1x Ring of Fire

Creatures

1x Adremelech, Lord of Fire
6x Wildfire Imp
2x Firebrand Imp
2x Infernian Scourger
2x Flaming Hellion
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard
Roads for what we're playing we don't need roads.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Firey Warlock
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 06:03:48 PM »
You don't have enough curses to take consistent advantage of Smoldering Curses, Bear Strength spam doesn't make sense for your creature base because they are mostly too fragile to justify putting Bear Strength on them, and you need Dissolve and probably Disarm to deal cheaply with Dragonscale Hauberk and Elemental Cloak.

You don't have much economy, and I don't see how you'll be able to get your swarm play going. Do you mean to use the Pentagram rather than Gate to Hell?

Marked for Death and Rust would help your swarm play much more than Bear Strength. In addition, you should consider curses that deal direct damage in case your opponent uses fire resistant creatures or manages to avoid/mitigate your fire attacks.

In addition, it would be good to have some healing options like Regrowth Belt, Regrowth, Vampirism, and/or Death Link.

You have no way of dealing with enemy enchantments. You need at least a couple of Disples.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

GeorgeFalcon

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 07:11:36 PM »
i have a hard time finding the balance. in first drafts lol... i guess i have to tweak this quite a bit :/

GeorgeFalcon

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 08:18:34 AM »
A revision to my previously posted book.

Equipment

1x Demonhide Armor
1x Lash of Hellfire
1x Bloodfire Helmet
1x Fireshaper Ring
1x Cloak of Shadows
1x Gauntlets of Strength
1x Leather Boots
1x Mage Wand

Conjurations

1x Pentagram

Creatures

1x Adramelech
1x Sersriyx, Imp Familliar
6x Wildfire Imp
2x Firebrand Imp
2x Infernian Scourger
2x Flaiming Hellion

Enchantments

1x Hawkeye
1x Circle of Fire
2x Decoy
1x Marked for Death
2x Mind Shield
1x poisoned Blood
2x Ghoul Rot
1x Rhino Hide
1x Enfeeble
1x Harmonize
2x Nullify
2x Hellfire Trap
3x Adramelech's Touch
2x Maim Wings
2x Rust

Incantations

2x Explode
1x Force Push
1x Knockdown
1x Dispel
1x Defend
4x Ignite
2x Seeking Dispel

Attack

2x Fireball
3x Flameblast
1x Ring of Fire

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 09:21:58 AM »
just some thougths of thing i would do

- replace an explode for a dissolve, same cost in spell points, but allows you for a mana chepaer option to destrioy equipment.
- If your plan is to drop plenty small demons, maybe you can add another marked for death or two in case one gets dissipated, ior you need one for a creature and another for the mage. Also, adding [mwcard=DNA01] Acid Ball[/mwcard] on top of the rust can be usefull, since corredes can stack, but not Rust.
- If the plan is to go into melle, i'll change the cloack of shadows for the elemental one, since you are going to close up with enemy. If your plan is to stay in the shadows and keep your distance, maybe you dont need the close combat equipament (gauntlets of streng, demonhide armour instead of dragonscale, the lash)
- I like to focus my plans, so i would drop adramelech if planing to use a bunch of hell critters.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 07:07:57 PM »
It looks like you plan on going for a big creature play or a swarm imp play. I'm not sure how you're going to fit Sersriyx into this. Also what turn are you planning on getting Adramelech out? My opening for Adramelech is to turn 1 quick cast a mana crystal and double move. Turn 2 I cast Adramalech. It's a super committed play but I think Adramelech is no matter how you look at him.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

GeorgeFalcon

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 07:10:30 PM »
It looks like you plan on going for a big creature play or a swarm imp play. I'm not sure how you're going to fit Sersriyx into this. Also what turn are you planning on getting Adramelech out? My opening for Adramelech is to turn 1 quick cast a mana crystal and double move. Turn 2 I cast Adramalech. It's a super committed play but I think Adramelech is no matter how you look at him.

I am open to suggestions. i have problems building i have limited play experience. against 2 people.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 11:37:54 AM »
I find that Sersiyx is a big commitment familiar. I usually struggle to find the mana to cast a curse or a flameblast with him every round. If you play him let me know how he turns out for you. I really like him as a creature!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 01:12:55 PM »
Lash of Hellfire with Cloak of Shadows seems counterintuitive to me, for what its worth. Will you want to be fighting up close? If so, then take the lash and ring and get rid of the cloak. If not, then take the cloak and get rid of the lash and ring. Frankly, the other Warlock does the Lash / Ring / Bear Strength combination better since he gets Melee +1 as a basic trait.

I played something similar in a friendly game last week. I had Gate to Hell in my spellbook and not Pentagram. (A lot of people seem to hate GtH, but I think that it has its uses.) I wish I had more of the new little imps (I had three in my book). Getting a five dice attack each turn for five mana each creature is nice. (That was with a burn on the target, GtH in play, and the Bloodfire Helmet equipped.)

I also put out an early Battle Forge (it was a choice between BF and Pentagram... either way seems to be ok.)
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess