April 25, 2024, 09:09:20 AM

Author Topic: Priestesses of Asyra  (Read 8934 times)

Dralln4

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Priestesses of Asyra
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:15:53 AM »
The Church of Asyra has been many things:  A beacon of comfort in dark times, a powerful force for good, dedicated healers and protectors of the week.  It was also instrumental in helping defeat Adremelech during the Demon Interregnum.  As an ancient faith, the Asyaran Church has many different orders and factions, allowing its priestesses to follow many paths from serene defender to unrelenting foe of evil.  

Post here and let us know about your Priestess.  Is she a dedicated and orthodox member of the central church?  A free wheeling investigator of evil?  A heretic pursuing a lost creed?  And if you want to be a Priest of Asyra instead of a Priestess, let us know that as well.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Priestesses of Asyra
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 03:25:43 PM »
im sure there will be a call for male/female versions of all the mages.  since it seems the mage card on the board is mostly picture with the stats off to the side, it shouldnt be too hard to come out with a pack that just has the opisite genders for all the mages.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

stadi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 05:42:53 AM »
Yes, this is a great idea. It would be just an extra card per mage. But of course, there is the cost of the art, so if we have to chose between a different mage type of female/male version I would choose the different one

Gigan

• Elder
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
That is something we've talked about doing in the future!  Maybe in an expansion or deluxe version of the game.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=158
im sure there will be a call for male/female versions of all the mages.  since it seems the mage card on the board is mostly picture with the stats off to the side, it should not be too hard to come out with a pack that just has the opposite genders for all the mages.

Another thing we had talked about was possibly making a male and female for each class with slightly different abilities. Just because you learn the same school does not mean you did not focus and another aspect of its core teachings. I can honestly say we have seen about 8-10 powers that could possible be used from each of the schools. Like anything else they need to be looked at for flavor, and balance.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 12:50:43 PM »
that would also be cool.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 12:08:21 AM »
For some reason all the story bible files had been removed even though I had permission to post them (here was the thread http://magewars.com/jsite/forum/world-and-lore/201-voltari). Sorry all.

I talked it over with the MW team and this was not all of this was ready to go out. It may return some other time. Thank you in advance for understanding.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 03:48:19 AM »
We talked it over and I understand why it got taken down. This was not the final version and it was still being worked on. I am sorry for any confusion that this caused

Ayumi

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 07:56:29 AM »
im sure there will be a call for male/female versions of all the mages.  since it seems the mage card on the board is mostly picture with the stats off to the side, it shouldnt be too hard to come out with a pack that just has the opisite genders for all the mages.

Quote from: "Gigan" post=207
That is something we've talked about doing in the future!  Maybe in an expansion or deluxe version of the game.

I have two ideas here. The first is to limit the clergy to females only.  The Priestesses are and important, balancing feminine presence in this game.  I bought the game precisely because ONE of the major mages is female.  Religions often limit clergy to just one gender.  

Here's a BETTER idea.  Creating a priest card only is not equitable..  WHY NOT SET A NEW STANDARD?  Create alternate gender cards for ALL of the mage catgegories.  I would love to have female Warlocks, Beastmasters, Wizards.  

You could set a new standard for gender equity. And you would draw in women customers like me who want to game, but are tired of being press fit into playing guys only characters.

The Alternate Mage Card Expansion Set  could be a deluxe version.  I would pay extra for it.

Talk about CUSTOMIZABILITY!  Here's your chance! :lol:

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 01:47:04 PM »
Quote from: "Ayumi" post=412

Quote from: "Gigan" post=207

I have two ideas here. The first is to limit the clergy to females only.  The Priestesses are and important, balancing feminine presence in this game.  I bought the game precisely because ONE of the major mages is female.  Religions often limit clergy to just one gender.  

Here's a BETTER idea.  Creating a priest card only is not equitable..  WHY NOT SET A NEW STANDARD?  Create alternate gender cards for ALL of the mage catgegories.  I would love to have female Warlocks, Beastmasters, Wizards.  

You could set a new standard for gender equity. And you would draw in women customers like me who want to game, but are tired of being press fit into playing guys only characters.

The Alternate Mage Card Expansion Set  could be a deluxe version.  I would pay extra for it.

Talk about CUSTOMIZABILITY!  Here's your chance! :lol:

If anything I would love to get set 2 out and start test for set 3 and the bring this issue back up. I love the idea but the timing should be right. What about a spell tome with the alternate mages instead of the main mages to keep the price point lower?

Kring

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 05:06:11 PM »
Now THAT'S a solution.

I'd buy it.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 06:43:32 PM »
definately the new mages could be part of a card only expansion.  the only need i see for more spellbooks is if your doing the cool themed spellbooks with the name on the spine.

in fact, if you arnt doing the themed books, i dont even think the big expansions like the forcemaster/warlord need spellbooks.  you can just buy generic spellbooks as you need them seperately.

if you are doing themed spellbooks, it would be cool for the forcemaster/warlord to come with thier themed spellbooks and sell seperately the themed books for the wizard, warlock, priestess and beastmaster.

but any alternate classes be they different genders or different styles could definately be a card only expansion.  I would also like to point out since the art card and the abilities card are seperate, there is nothing stopping you from using one picture and another set of abilities.  might be frowned upon in a touniment but as long as the abilities stay consistant i dont see an issue

Kring

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 02:03:44 AM »
To manage costs, I'd prefer to buy card expansions in the $10 range from time to time.  It would be hard for me to buy big $30 expansions.

One of the reasons I bought Mage Wars was to avoid the hassle and cost of the CGC stuff. The spell tome with a  reasonable price tag is one of the things that sold me on this game.  I play RPG cause card games are way too expensive MW seemed a good answer to that problem

People who want fancy theme spell books would pay for them separately.  If the core set spellbook looks good enough, why do we need more.  I'd rather have a book that I can add my own design to anyway

Expansions are money pits, and the way things are today, keeping the price down is the only way  keep us all playing and build a gamer base.  This game is listed as customizable and not a collector set kind of thing

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 03:33:49 AM »
most companies are moving away from the collectable model because most gamers are moving away from it.  even if the expansions are 30, IMO it will be far cheaper than a collectable game.

i wouldnt mind the special spellbooks being totally optional, i would buy it, to suport the company and also as a collector i think it would look spiffy on a shelf with all the spellbooks of the mages in alphabetacal order with the names on the spine.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 03:36:57 AM »
Well that is enough off topic discussion on here for now. Lets bring this back to the Priestess.
If we want to keep this going it should be in a new thread. Probably in general discussion or some place like that. IDK its 4:40 am and brain is telling me to sleep.

Brain started working again it should go here http://magewars.com/jsite/forum/mages/55-mages-that-you-would-like-to-see-in-the-game