April 16, 2024, 09:50:47 AM

Author Topic: 1st Necro - Black Death  (Read 9179 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Necro - Black Death
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »
Irish, have you read my strategy article about the altar? It can be found - - >HERE<--

I think you'd find it interesting and hopefully helpful when thinking about aggressive opponents. I fend off a turn 2 LoF opening. Granted it was with skeletons but it could still prove helpful for you.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:22:48 PM by Lord0fWinter »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Myrddin

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Necro - Black Death
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 02:58:40 PM »
Great question Death.  Honestly, I think it would have been very easily disrupted by an aggressive opponent.  I think cutting Libro will help with that as instead of dropping 10 - 14 on that (Harmonized) you could instead get out a defender like a Skeletal Knight early on to meet the aggression. 

The dilemma I'm having now is wanting to include cheap fodder like Crawlers to help against Aggro, but doing that makes Libro/Death Ring more appealing which is against the controlling late game strategy I'm going for.  Ultimately, I need to spend some time optimizing the opening to get Cleric > Altar > Graveyard > Eternal Servant (guard) as efficiently as possible.  Once that's setup, you should have the flexibility to go aggressive with Venemous + Plague Zombies to start the poison or drop back defensively with your Walls of Bone + Reassemble.  I'm thinking something like this might work:

T1 (20) [mwcard=DNC01]Acolyte of the Bog Queen[/mwcard], [mwcard=DNQ10]Meditation Amulet[/mwcard] [11]
T2 (21) [mwcard=DNJ01]Altar of Skulls[/mwcard], Meditate, Pray w/ Acolyte {1 skull} [15]
T3 (25) [mwcard=DNJ04]Graveyard[/mwcard], [mwcard=DNC13]Skeletal Archer[/mwcard] (Servant?), Pray w/ Acolyte {2 skulls} [ 0 ]

From there I would probably want to Harmonize the Graveyard and the rest is up to the game.  You can put up a Wall, start playing Venemous Zombies, drop some curses....you know the drill.
Only trouble here is that an acolyte/meditation start telegraphs 'I want to play a very slow game! Please come and hit me!'

I think most decent opponents would respond to that by charging you down pretty quick, even if they usually would have invested in economic stuff.