April 26, 2024, 09:00:39 AM

Author Topic: Bloodwave Warlord V2  (Read 3308 times)

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Bloodwave Warlord V2
« on: July 12, 2014, 08:24:56 PM »
So, after seeing some of the new Warlord builds posted on here (LoW, Saucy's, etc), and playing several more games with the previous version,  I reworked my book a bit.  Here it is:

Creatures:
1x Gurmash, Orc Sergeant
2x Goblin Alchemist
3x Orc Butcher
1x Dwarf Panzergarde
2x Goblin Builder
1x Iron Golem
3x Goblin Slinger
4x Goblin Grunt

Enchantments:
1x Standard Bearer
1x Fumble
1x Agony
1x Brace Yourself
1x Fortified Position
1x Poisoned Blood
1x Marked for Death

Equipment:
1x Deflection Bracers
1x Horn of Gothos
1x Regrowth Belt
1x Ring of Command
1x Harshforge Plate
1x General's Signet Ring
1x Helm of Command
1x Leather Boots
1x Leather Gloves

Incantations:
2x Minor Heal
2x Power Strike
1x Akiro's Battle Cry
1x Perfect Strike
1x Battle Fury
1x Piercing Strike
1x Sniper Shot
2x Defend
1x Group Heal
2x Flank Attack
1x Dispel
1x Force Push
1x Evade
2x Charge

Attacks:
1x Hurl Boulder
1x Surging Wave
1x Hurl Rock
2x Acid Ball

Conjurations:
1x Construction Yard
1x Barracks
1x Armory
1x Harshforge Monolith
2x Wall of Earth
2x Wall of Pikes
1x Altar of Domination
2x Garrison Post
1x Altar of Carnage

The new opening looks like this:

Turn 1 (19 mana): Barracks + Construction Yard (0 mana)
Turn 2 (9 mana, 2 on Barracks): Deploy Goblin Builder (6 mana), play Signet + Command Ring (0 mana)

This book is much more focused on efficiency.  I used to deploy level 2's right away but now I don't think starting with level 2 creatures is a good idea because it doesn't give you enough mana to properly buff yourself and your board early.

Early game you make grunts/slingers while you get rings and leather equips out, and transition into slightly bigger creatures (butchers) and either of the new Altars.  The focus is on a lot of creatures, spacing them out right (with help of [mwcard=FWJ04]Garrison Post[/mwcard]), Earth Walls/Wall of Pikes for positioning, and efficient commands (Flank Attack/Power strike/Defend).

I saw a couple other frequent posters (can't remember who  :P) talking about getting G. Builders out early and after trying them myself I'm now a big supporter.  I'd probably go as far to say that you shouldn't even bother using Construction Yard if you don't use Builders.  The channeling on the Construciton Yard is alright, but the more important part of the Construction Yard/Goblin Builder combination is the Builder's action, IMO.

While reading through Mr. Saucy's Harshforge Warlord post (http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=14310.0), I noticed the discussion of defenses and after recently having a relatively rough time against some big creature builds, I added [mwcard=mw1q04]Deflection Bracers[/mwcard].  (In the post s2Dougla and Saucy promote using [mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ04]Reflex Boots[/mwcard], but I decided on the Bracers instead because they're less expensive and most big attacks seem to be melee)

Sooo let me know what you guys think.  I tried to get ideas from people on the forums a bit and they seem to be working, but I think there's definitely more room for optimization.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:29:05 PM by Arlemus »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer