April 29, 2024, 08:25:07 AM

Author Topic: Armored Trolls  (Read 8775 times)

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Armored Trolls
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 09:26:24 AM »
I know that about fortified position, command ring + enchanter ring on Banner carrier was what i had on my mind :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 01:42:34 AM »
I played a game with this build today against an Earth Wizard that showcased how ridiculously good at attrition this build can be. I killed 3 Iron Golems, a Gorgon Archer, an Earth Elemental, and Malacoda. The only creature I lost was Brogan, which was the only creature I didn't invest in supporting. I still had 2 Bridge Trolls and Samandriel at the end, each with 2 Armor. One of my Bridge Trolls probably took something like 30 damage over the course of the game, but just Would. Not. Die.

My opponent still had another Earth Elemental and another Gorgon Archer at the end of the game, but once I started focusing his mage down, he died in about 2 rounds. If he had played Devouring Jellies instead of Earth Elementals, I might have been forced to try something else, but the bonuses against Nonliving on Staff of Asyra and Samandriel allowed me to repeatedly Stun the Iron Golems, and he was going to guard with them constantly anyway.

Bridge Trolls with Armor backed up by healing support are just amazing. And trying to batter down someone with 5 Armor and Veteran's Belt is incredibly inefficient even if you have a bunch of 6-7 dice attacks to throw at the problem.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Sand Goblin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 11:27:06 AM »
I want try this spellbook when I get the FvW expansion in August.  It seems really nasty.  :)  Would you say it could hold its own in a battle of attrition against a zombie swarm necromancer?  We are trying to find a way to beat one of those without doing an all-in at the start.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 11:33:33 PM »
I haven't played this build against a Necromancer yet. It gets bonuses on Staff of Asyra and Samandriel against Nonliving, and the chances to Daze/Stun help. The other thing that helps is that you can remove Taint and Rot much more easily than other mages. This build is incredible at attrition battles, but zombies are just so freaking efficient it's hard to say without trying it.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Sand Goblin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 07:05:14 AM »
While then we have to try it! :)