April 25, 2024, 09:36:46 AM

Author Topic: Novels/Books of some kind?  (Read 9202 times)

T_Hess

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Novels/Books of some kind?
« on: August 17, 2012, 03:23:51 AM »
I don't know if this has been discussed or not...
This is mostly for the creators/testers of the game.
Has anyone thought of writing maybe a few books based on the lore of "Mage Wars" like a prologue to the leading up of the arena style battles that now take place?
For those others who see this.
What do you think? Do you think a book or two would be something cool to see later on?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Novels/Books of some kind?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 09:48:50 PM »
Quote from: "T_Hess" post=588
I don't know if this has been discussed or not...
This is mostly for the creators/testers of the game.
Has anyone thought of writing maybe a few books based on the lore of "Mage Wars" like a prologue to the leading up of the arena style battles that now take place?
For those others who see this.
What do you think? Do you think a book or two would be something cool to see later on?

This is the story bible that has been talked about. The only thing is that it is not ready to be released yet.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Rumsey

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 12:59:58 PM »
Would love to see some novels.  You might check with Solaris Books[map][/map].  Several authors over there that might be interested.

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 10:08:03 AM »
I will definitely check out Solaris Books - I know that we would love to release more story and fiction for the players to help immerse everyone into the world more. Organized Play will be the first place to go for something like that, but hopefully novels as well soon!

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 03:53:24 PM »
I'd like to see tournaments that occur to have an extra involved with the game to record the details of the game - so what spells are cast and where and so on - then these details to be worked into the novels, that way the players in a tournament can say that they are mage X in a specific novel and would result in a nice players create novel jointly :)

a background of each mage could be made based upon that players gaming style

oh and how about a trilogy of novels that are set at the exact same time frame, with a couple of overlaps but all from different perspectives of three main characters...

Rumsey

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 11:54:58 PM »
abaddonbooks.com is another publisher with some interesting authors.  Could also contact some of the Black Library people on their own sites to see if they have any interest.  

By the way, you guys probably need to get a demo copy of the game to the guys at beastsofwar.com.  I'd also get someone to put some articles on tabletopgamingnews.com if you can.  Those two sites have a crazy amount of readers.

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 10:51:13 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, Rumsey! I'll definitely look into those.

Rumsey

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 12:51:39 PM »
D & D authors:

Matt Forbeck
   matt@forbeck.com

Don Bassingthwaite
   don@dbassingthwaite.com

Keith Baker
   keith@bossythecow.com

Marsheila Rockwell
   marsheila.rockwell@gmail.com

Erin M. Evans
   http://slushlush.com/   (Could not find an email address)

Rumsey

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »
Maybe something to think about for later down the road, but you could even see if Reaper Miniatures would be interested in doing a "Mage Wars" line.  No very useful at the moment other than a substitution on the board with cards off to the side.  Could even find a way to use the cards to play a miniatures tabletop game if the boardgame achieves a certain level of popularity. Just thinking.