April 20, 2024, 02:53:25 AM

Author Topic: Spellbooks in the arena...  (Read 4060 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Spellbooks in the arena...
« on: June 23, 2014, 01:46:03 PM »
So I noticed that the channeling symbol has a picture of a hand in it grasping mana. I also noticed that Mordok's tome and libro mortuos take up the weapon or shield equipment spot, even though they're spellbooks. I also noticed that these equipment spells are entire spellbooks, and yet the spells they prepare come from another spellbook than themselves (the player's).

Knowing all of this, do mages really bring their spellbooks into the arena and risk getting mauled by a grizzly or something every time they open their spellbooks to plan spells? And if so why don't the spellbooks take up equipment slots on the mage? Are most spellbooks autonomous? Or do mages memorize their spellbooks ahead of time?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:28:15 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Spellbooks in the arena...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 05:20:43 PM »
Libro is not the Necros primary spell book. I can say it is due to the Mage Wars accords ( The laws that the mages of Etheria are bound to in and outside of the arena) To explain further would require approval I do not currently have.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Spellbooks in the arena...
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 03:33:48 AM »
Oh Etheria... how much i want to know more about you! :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )