April 18, 2024, 10:49:46 PM

Author Topic: enchantment for weapons  (Read 4662 times)

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
enchantment for weapons
« on: June 13, 2014, 03:07:41 PM »
Couldn't they create an indestructable enchantment of weapon equipment to Give said weapon a damage type. Similar to the incant that does melee attacks.

Vargtass

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: enchantment for weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 01:29:56 PM »
There are several enchantments that protect equipment. :) Nullify, Reverse Magic, or just delaying tactic with Jinx. They are also a bit more usefull than protecting a single piece of equipment. :p

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 02:36:43 PM »
I meant add lighting, fire, and or rot as long as the equipment remains in play....all this weapons attack bars gain an damage type and effect roll. The enchantment has to be indestructible so the weapon has to be destroyed

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 02:41:24 PM »
I could see the weapon enchantments you're mentioning. There are two promo card incantations out now actually. One of which you give a creature Fire Damage on it's strikes until the end of it's next attack(I think) and the other gives lightning. They're both level 1 spells for their respective schools.

An enchantment wouldn't have to be unable to be dispelled if simply dissolving the weapon would take care of it. I mean you could dispel the enchantment and not have to worry about Nullifies but eh I'd just dissolve it.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Vargtass

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 08:53:52 AM »
I could see the weapon enchantments you're mentioning. There are two promo card incantations out now actually. One of which you give a creature Fire Damage on it's strikes until the end of it's next attack(I think) and the other gives lightning. They're both level 1 spells for their respective schools.

An enchantment wouldn't have to be unable to be dispelled if simply dissolving the weapon would take care of it. I mean you could dispel the enchantment and not have to worry about Nullifies but eh I'd just dissolve it.

Oh, I see how you mean. Hmm, thats an interesting concept. However I think it would be way cooler if it was a creature enchantment rather than a weapon enchantment. Then you could buff certain creatures against certaibn elements. :) I think it would make it a much more viable card as well since youd haveto deal with the enchantment separately and not get big lead in mana by just dealing with the weapon.