April 27, 2024, 02:22:10 AM

Author Topic: Cast Decoy with Familiar  (Read 3328 times)

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Cast Decoy with Familiar
« on: June 06, 2014, 09:18:52 PM »
Enchantments are supposed to be hidden information, but with some familiars, you know it is a curse or command enchantment. casting a command enchantment on your mage means that that is 100% brace yourself at the moment, and casting a command enchantment on a zone 100% means that it is fortified position. Doesn't sound secret to me anymore.

What do people think about allowing all enchantment-casting familiars to be able to cast decoy? I think it sounds like added fun, but I'm sure there will be some nay-sayers who have legitimate problems with this proposition.

I used to like decoy, but nowadays I find an in-school level 1 enchantment to be more versatile. I'll cast a bearstrength on my opponent to fish for a seeking dispel or a nullify. Yes, i know of the problems associated with casting duplicates on an object.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Decoy with Familiar
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 07:33:43 AM »
I'll cast a bearstrength on my opponent to fish for a seeking dispel or a nullify. Yes, i know of the problems associated with casting duplicates on an object.

Except if you don't trigger a Nullify with that, you've "wasted" your action and the spell.

If you use a Decoy instead you can always reveal it for 2 mana later.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 10:03:12 AM »
Plus given your opponent bear strength! Whose side are you on here :-)

Not being a nay sayer, well...I am...but I think all the familiars are a little weaker than the mages by having a greater level of predictability.  That's probably a good thing for my an my friends level of play atm...

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 08:07:58 AM »
He's not saying that it will ever be revealed if it sticks....
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess