April 28, 2024, 07:03:07 PM

Author Topic: Stockholm, Sweden Mage WANTED  (Read 8562 times)

Yazzy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Stockholm, Sweden Mage WANTED
« on: June 08, 2014, 05:34:12 PM »
Hi there,

I just bought Mage Wars and am looking for players in Stockholm, Sweden to play with.

Let me know if you are game!

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: Stockholm, Sweden Mage WANTED
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 07:33:06 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! Just a quick FYI, one of the guidelines here is not to post multiple threads of the same thing (even under different subforums). A guideline of rules for the forums can be found -->Here<--

You're new, so make sure to take a look at those. An admin will probably come along and ask which of the three threads you want to keep.

Again, welcome though. This is a fantastic game, hope you find some people to play with where you are.

If you have a hard time, there is a great way to play online through a program called OCTGN. If you're interested, instructions on how to download it and set it up can be found   -->Here<--
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 09:16:01 PM »
Welcome to the arena. May your battles be epic and victorious. Best of luck building up your areas play group.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 02:31:31 AM »
Welcome european brother!

I hope more and more MW will penetrate europe so one day there will be a great international MW tournament. Lets just call him a Boocheck con (work name) :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 02:50:48 AM »
I prefer Grizz Con 8)
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 05:49:49 AM »
Despite the fact, that it sounds better, i am against it :)

And just because i dont want to be offtopic, i will ask:

In sweden, do you use english MW or there is a translated version?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Vargtass

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 08:29:53 AM »
Hi there,

I just bought Mage Wars and am looking for players in Stockholm, Sweden to play with.

I have a friend who plays magewars in Stockholm. Ill ask him if I can share his mail with you. :)
(try being a fan of this game in Västervik, we dont even have a store that sells it so I had to start one. :p )

I would reccomend contacting Sverok tho (sverok.se) While there may not be any exclusivly mage wars focused  associations in Stockholm, they can most certainly direct you to several groups of boardgamers in the area and among those there will most likely also be some mage wars fans. Many of them will have meeting places/club houses to play at so you dont haveto try and get invited into someones home. ;)

Vargtass

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 09:31:22 AM »
We use english rules. In general very few games gets translated to swedish. I mean you have cities with larger population than our entire country, so its a small group of people to cater to. ;) But Im kind of used to it as well. In sweden you need to fail pretty badly in school to graduate without good enough understanding of english to comprehend an english rulebook. In fact when given the choise most of my gamer friends prefer buying english games over translated ones. Dominion for example is available in swedish but somehow the cards feel... weird when printed in swedish.

Hi there,

I have a friend who plays magewars in Stockholm. Ill ask him if I can share his mail with you. :)
(try being a fan of this game in Västervik, we dont even have a store that sells it so I had to start one. :p )

I would reccomend contacting Sverok tho (sverok.se) While there may not be any exclusivly mage wars focused  associations in Stockholm, they can most certainly direct you to several groups of boardgamers in the area and among those there will most likely also be some mage wars fans. Many of them will have meeting places/club houses to play at so you dont haveto try and get invited into someones home. ;)

Yazzy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 02:18:38 PM »
Hi there,

Wow you started a store? Ambitious and commendable! Nice!  I'll look forward to playing with your friend or meet some people in that site you posted.

Thanks so much! Tack!

Vargtass

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 03:27:09 PM »
Hmm, seems hes a bit shy about new people.

But I found two associations that might incorporate mage wars in their activity.

http://www.dragonslair.se and http://smash.sverok.net. Theres probably more, this was just a brief google atempt. Poke sverok or google if none of those pan out.

Thanks. :) Its not as grand as it may sound tho. I basicly have a board game store in my closet. Having a small company allows me to import games like any regular game store, but I dont keep a huge stock of stuff.
I take some orders and take in stuff I normally haveto buy online. The main benifit is saving some money on shipping costs.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 04:19:19 PM »
Hi there,

I just moved from Stockholm, otherwise I would have played with you. You should really try out my former game group though. Dragons lair at Kungsholmstorg. It is Stockholms largest gaming place together with the largest board game store. They play all kinds of game every day in the week, but Tuesdays are board game day (German in particular), and know some are playing Mage wars. Let me know if you need any contact there. Good luck.

Yazzy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 01:14:57 PM »
Sweet thanks guys!

I will mosey on down to Dragon's Lair, i have never been there but I'm sure it will work out.

Cheers!