April 28, 2024, 07:15:46 PM

Author Topic: UK Games Expo - Mage Wars Demo  (Read 3502 times)

Chriz007

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
UK Games Expo - Mage Wars Demo
« on: May 23, 2014, 05:14:30 AM »
Hi folks,

I've got a table at the UK Games Expo; 30th may - 1st June, and will be running Mage Wars Demo games all day long, each day. So if your attending, stop by and say hello!

I'll see you in the arena!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:36:45 AM by Chriz007 »
UK Mage Wars Ambassador

YoungDave

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: UK Games Expo - Mage Wars Demo
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 11:15:40 AM »
Chriz,

Nice to meet you this afternoon, and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to chat for longer - my "driver" was keen to be heading home - what is he like?!?

Great to see you leading new guys through apprentice games; it was certainly keeping you busy jumping from one board to another, and also dealing with the many and varied questions from the general public.  You were doing a top job.

So what I need to be doing now is "organising" my buddies in Huntingdon to get cracking with some ideas.  We're all enjoying the game - but we're not exactly getting it out to others, unlike your good self.  So, as I said, if there are any events that you're looking at in the future, if I can get along, I might well be up for it.  And hey - weren't you all impressed with my t-shirt??!!?

And I trust that you had an enjoyable weekend!

Dave I

Chriz007

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 04:20:04 PM »
Hi Dave,

It was my first UK Games Expo and I loved it, nearly lost my voice by the end of it! I demoed to nearly 50 new mages and spoke to loads of existing players, who like yourself want the next level of game play. I really recommend finding your local friendly gaming store and seeing if they do a gaming night, bring over your set and introduce some new players to MW, you seemed to have a really passion for the games so why not look at becoming a MW Ambassador?

Once you've checked out any LFGSs and player base, see if the stores would be interested in hosting a regular night and running a Organised Play event, it'll give you guys a back story to your duels with an outcome that effects the Meta of the game *and promos*. Oh and yeah, I need to get myself some MW tees

I'm already considering what I want to do next year at the UK Games Expo so watch this space!

Chris
UK MW Ambassador

Chriz,

Nice to meet you this afternoon, and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to chat for longer - my "driver" was keen to be heading home - what is he like?!?

Great to see you leading new guys through apprentice games; it was certainly keeping you busy jumping from one board to another, and also dealing with the many and varied questions from the general public.  You were doing a top job.

So what I need to be doing now is "organising" my buddies in Huntingdon to get cracking with some ideas.  We're all enjoying the game - but we're not exactly getting it out to others, unlike your good self.  So, as I said, if there are any events that you're looking at in the future, if I can get along, I might well be up for it.  And hey - weren't you all impressed with my t-shirt??!!?

And I trust that you had an enjoyable weekend!

Dave I
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:19:58 AM by Chriz007 »
UK Mage Wars Ambassador

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 07:52:31 AM »
Nice review and photos on facebook from you guys.  Wish I could have popped over for a look

Chriz007

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 12:00:30 PM »
Nice review and photos on facebook from you guys.  Wish I could have popped over for a look

I'm really hoping to increase our presence next year...
UK Mage Wars Ambassador