April 29, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Author Topic: FiF: Harshforge Plate  (Read 9718 times)

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
FiF: Harshforge Plate
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:49:18 AM »

Today's preview.  Seems like a game changer  ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: FiF: Harshforge Plate
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 11:53:32 AM »
Preview article is here http://www.arcanewonders.com/arcane-wonders/forged-in-fire-preview-harshforge-plate

Pretty awesome piece of equipment.

Got a post on my blog about it  -->Here<--.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:55:49 AM by Lord0fWinter »
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 12:17:47 PM »
Amazing armor.
It hurts warlock unless they use an Enchantment Transfusion.

Combined with Armor Ward it protect awesomely other equipment.

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »
It just seems so strong.  It probably would've been strong even if it was just 1 extra mana. 

No more teleporting warlords into fatties or dumping a ton of curses on.  I thought the monolith was going to do work but this armor is just ridiculous.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 12:24:50 PM »
It just seems so strong.  It probably would've been strong even if it was just 1 extra mana. 

No more teleporting warlords into fatties or dumping a ton of curses on.  I thought the monolith was going to do work but this armor is just ridiculous.

I don't think it's ridiculous. Yes, it will reduce the amount of teleporting and curse stacking a bit, but won't eliminate them altogether. You'll just have to pick and choose what curses to place on them and when the moment is best to teleport them. If you want to teleport them, you'll be able to find the 2 extra mana to do so. You'll just have to plan it a bit more carefully.

It's very thematic too. Warlords should be resistant to magic, especially the Dwarven one. Right now only the two Warlords can use it and they're the ones that needed the biggest boost in power anyway.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:33:20 PM by Lord0fWinter »
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

klaymen

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 12:33:21 PM »
It looks great. The release date can't come soon enough.

ChimpZilla

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 12:49:39 PM »
This + Armor Ward.  :)

Wage war. Levy taxes. Seems right to me.

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »

I don't think it's ridiculous. Yes, it will reduce the amount of teleporting and curse stacking a bit, but won't eliminate them altogether. You'll just have to pick and choose what curses to place on them and when the moment is best to teleport them. If you want to teleport them, you'll be able to find the 2 extra mana to do so. You'll just have to plan it a bit more carefully.

It's very thematic too. Warlords should be resistant to magic, especially the Dwarven one. Right now only the two Warlords can use it and they're the ones that needed the biggest boost in power anyway.

Well, I just meant ridiculous in the sense of how effective it seems to be in dealing with the Warlord's main issues; didn't mean it was overpowered or anything.

You're probably right it won't end curse stacking or teleporting, but together with the monolith is going to make both of those things much harder.  Purify does pretty well against curse stacking too so that's a pretty effective bunch of cards to deal with it.

It probably should've came out in FM vs Warlord.  It makes total thematic sense for a mage that hates magic to express that hatred in card form, not just have what amounts to a weakness to it.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 12:59:10 PM »
I love how it protects itself from Dissolve/Explode/Steal Equipment.

This is the first War spell that makes me wish Paladin is trained in War 2.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 12:59:37 PM »
Wait till you see the other Harshforge stuff we have planned, in the coming sets.  :-X
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 01:07:14 PM »
Wait till you see the other Harshforge stuff we have planned, in the coming sets.  :-X

No more teasing us! D=

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 01:13:14 PM »
 ;) Whatever are you implying?  ;) :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 01:28:56 PM »

Well, I just meant ridiculous in the sense of how effective it seems to be in dealing with the Warlord's main issues; didn't mean it was overpowered or anything.

You're probably right it won't end curse stacking or teleporting, but together with the monolith is going to make both of those things much harder.  Purify does pretty well against curse stacking too so that's a pretty effective bunch of cards to deal with it.

It probably should've came out in FM vs Warlord.  It makes total thematic sense for a mage that hates magic to express that hatred in card form, not just have what amounts to a weakness to it.

Ah, misunderstood you. My bad :)

Oh man. So many possibilities xD I really hope we get something like ACG's "Magisbane, the Purifier" if we don't get an alternative to dispel that isn't from the Arcane School.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 01:36:19 PM »

No more teasing us! D=
Finally I can talk about all the layers of protection the Runes + Armor + the Tough -2 (+ Ward + Cloak) and the +2 mana to target him all stack together. The flame -2 of the Cloak and Tough -2 make it hard (but not impossible) to land effects like Burns from the Warlock. Her best bet is to land them on another creature and move them. She also would want to place. Lightning / Corrode  / Light all take a hit from the Tough -2 from the dwarf, cursing is harder. The one thing I really haven't got the chance to do is run him in a Mana Denial type book, I think that he will end up being a great control based play going forward.

The walking though the Wall bit with the Dwarf actually happened during one my playtesting games and it ended with her death that round from a Burn given to her by her very own wall :).
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 01:41:11 PM »

That sword would be OP as you currently have it. It would need to be more expensive (mana + spellpoints) and have higher upkeep at least.