March 28, 2024, 05:21:07 AM

Author Topic: confusion about the thecardboardjungle contest  (Read 3613 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
confusion about the thecardboardjungle contest
« on: May 04, 2014, 07:48:47 PM »
It says on the cardboard jungle website: "Not only is this your only place to view these cards before they are released BUT you will have a chance to win a copy of the Forged in Fire expansion from Arcane Wonders."

On the Arcane Wonders home page there is a link to an article that spoils all three cards at once. This contradicts what the cardboard jungle said. If I were to enter the contest now by submitting the names of all three cards to the cardboard jungle, would I be disqualified because I saw them all at once in an article on the Arcane Wonders website, rather than by regularly checking the web page with their podcast? I wouldn't think so, but it didn't make sense to me that the cardboard jungle would say that those cards could only be previewed on their site, and arcane wonders would have all three previewed on the same page on this site.

Unless the contest is already over? The cardboard jungle website does not say the dates of the contest and neither does it say that on the arcane wonders website so far as I can see. But if that were the case, then why does the cardboard jungle homepage still say "Over the next 3 weeks we will give you a glimpse at 3 new cards from the upcoming Forged in Fire set of Arcane Wonders smash hit Mage Wars," while it doesn't say anything about the contest already being over or even when that was, assuming it already happened?

I'm confused.

Note: I wasn't sure where to put this thread because it did not quite fit in either of the help sections of the forum, so I just put it in this one.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:51:10 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: confusion about the thecardboardjungle contest
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »
It says on the cardboard jungle website: "Not only is this your only place to view these cards before they are released BUT you will have a chance to win a copy of the Forged in Fire expansion from Arcane Wonders."

On the Arcane Wonders home page there is a link to an article that spoils all three cards at once. This contradicts what the cardboard jungle said. If I were to enter the contest now by submitting the names of all three cards to the cardboard jungle, would I be disqualified because I saw them all at once in an article on the Arcane Wonders website, rather than by regularly checking the web page with their podcast? I wouldn't think so, but it didn't make sense to me that the cardboard jungle would say that those cards could only be previewed on their site, and arcane wonders would have all three previewed on the same page on this site.

Unless the contest is already over? The cardboard jungle website does not say the dates of the contest and neither does it say that on the arcane wonders website so far as I can see. But if that were the case, then why does the cardboard jungle homepage still say "Over the next 3 weeks we will give you a glimpse at 3 new cards from the upcoming Forged in Fire set of Arcane Wonders smash hit Mage Wars," while it doesn't say anything about the contest already being over or even when that was, assuming it already happened?

I'm confused.

Note: I wasn't sure where to put this thread because it did not quite fit in either of the help sections of the forum, so I just put it in this one.

I'm not sure if it's ongoing or not, but I don't think that would DQ you from the contest. I don't think they'd be able to tell that you saw all 3 from the Arcane Wonders post instead of theirs. Well, I don't think they'd go through that trouble anyway. I talked to the person doing it last week and they said they were having one last Mage Wars Monday where they revealed all 3 together. I think Arcane Wonders just beat them to it and did it before them. I'm not sure when they were planning on ending the contest, perhaps it is tomorrow? In that case, it might be too late after all.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog