April 29, 2024, 11:36:05 PM

Author Topic: Meditation Amulet  (Read 4443 times)

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Meditation Amulet
« on: April 24, 2014, 09:20:03 PM »
Discuss.  ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Battlehamster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Meditation Amulet
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 09:46:05 PM »
Only really useful for mages who can cast creatures reliably through spawnpoints and that don't need to move. That is why Necromancer and Druid tend to use it while others do not.

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 10:06:59 PM »
Seems to be pretty good with the warlord too.

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:26:16 PM »
I've had some luck with it with the Priestess as well (Temple + Forge).

I'm not sure if it's where you were going with this, but the days of the frothing "MEDALLION SUXXORS" posts (to which camp I used to belong : ) are long gone, I think.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 10:46:18 PM »

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 11:10:20 PM »
I was honestly just wondering what people thought of it, I didn't mean to come off as a troll, I apologize.

I had no idea it was a "thing."

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 11:20:26 PM »
I seem to never have time to use it, and I prefer other amulets a lot of the time. Still it could be useful if I ever gave it a real shot.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 11:27:00 PM »
It's no worries Arlemus. But yeah, there have been many discussions regarding the Amulet and I figured it would be easier to point you to one of those than participating in another. Even though I think Indypendent is correct and not many people dismiss it's potential anymore, so that thread might be a bit dated, I was feeling lazy :-P

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 11:34:39 PM »
I'm actually glad Arlemus posted. I didn't read any of those other threads so at least now I know it's been discussed before.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 12:31:50 AM »
Only really useful for mages who can cast creatures reliably through spawnpoints and that don't need to move. That is why Necromancer and Druid tend to use it while others do not.

As a Druid player, I can tell you using that amulet is less powerful than not using it.

If anything it's an item for turtle strategies.

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »

As a Druid player, I can tell you using that amulet is less powerful than not using it.

That's probably the most round about way of calling something bad I've ever seen, lol.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 05:33:05 PM »

That's probably the most round about way of calling something bad I've ever seen, lol.

The Druid is all about action advantage over your opponent. Using the Amulet gives up that advantage for not much benefit since the Druid's schtick is cheap creatures with powerful attacks that have movement and defense problems.

So not bad, just not optimal...for a Druid.

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 05:55:32 PM »
I first thought the med amulet sux , but I actually use it in several books.  First of all I play more three player games then single duels so I tend to have a bit more set up time.  I use of he med amulet when I have spawnpoints and or fimilars to give me extra actions.  I use my full actions  to med before my quick action to get man's for spells that would normally be too expensive.  Mana wise I have a advantage over moonglow until late in the game way after I stop using it.   
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 10:33:33 AM »
I used to last night in my necromancer swarm book and it worked well. Also against what most people here think is a good strategy I was using not 1 but 2 spawn points (Graveyard and Libro). My friend played my Warlock book against me. He eventually used ring of fire to kill mort and my horde of skeletons but not until I had weakened Adramelech enough to kill him with my skeletal knight. After killing Adramelech I reanimated him and my friend called it game since he had no way to come back from zombie Adramelech.