April 27, 2024, 02:48:38 AM

Author Topic: Finally found a non-mind creature worth putting in my forcemaster book  (Read 18148 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Finally found a non-mind creature worth putting in my forcemaster book
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 04:19:48 PM »
Back to the OP, [mwcard=FWC14]Sir Corazin, Blademaster [/mwcard] does seem to be the closest in abilities to the Forcemaster. Add in a Lion Savagery or a Critical Strike and he is quite fearsome. The question in my mind would be do I want an expensive creature to duplicate my abilities. I think I would look at perhaps a Flaming Hellion for Burns or a Emerald Tegu for Rot, or perhaps even a Grey Wraith for the Weak and Ethereal attack traits and the Incorporeal traits, played well the Upkeep +1 should not even be an issue....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 04:50:18 PM »
I rather pay the spell book points and have a creature that will be harder to kill. Also if both of them are attacking with their doublestrike  that is 14 dice around base, more if you have gauntlets of strength, bear strength, and use a battle fury.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:53:51 PM by barriecritzer »

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 04:55:45 PM »
Galador is a good side kick for the Forcemaster, ranged Daze/Stun changes are great support and in melee he gets a good charge/pierce combo.  As is Giant Wolf Spider or Stonegaze Basilisk, so you can keep things stuck in place with ranged attacks while you beat on them.

A pretty awesome creature for her to use is in that newer dice tower promo set.  Running 2-3 Mountain Rams gives her a lot of charging damage, conjuration destruction aid, and even more position control for opponents creatures.  They are also only level 2 and 8 mana to cast.   

somaddict

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 06:31:43 PM »
A pretty awesome creature for her to use is in that newer dice tower promo set.  Running 2-3 Mountain Rams gives her a lot of charging damage, conjuration destruction aid, and even more position control for opponents creatures.  They are also only level 2 and 8 mana to cast.

Are these legal for official play? Creatures usually find their way into the FM square pretty quickly, unless ranged. I suppose this could be interesting for a kiting FM that is not melee heavy, but she's not widely effective against so many books with psychic immunities galore.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »

Are these legal for official play? Creatures usually find their way into the FM square pretty quickly, unless ranged. I suppose this could be interesting for a kiting FM that is not melee heavy, but she's not widely effective against so many books with psychic immunities galore.

Not for official tournaments or anything.  I just really like the mountain ram in general, he's a fun creature.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 12:26:42 AM »
Attacking a spore to wake it up is nearly a guaranteed impending death.

Mind Shield (reveal for 0) counters Sleep, and Wand of Healing can remove Sleep tokens for cheaper than they are applied.

No hitting your own thoughtspores required. :)

somaddict

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 09:24:00 AM »
Attacking a spore to wake it up is nearly a guaranteed impending death.

Mind Shield (reveal for 0) counters Sleep, and Wand of Healing can remove Sleep tokens for cheaper than they are applied.

No hitting your own thoughtspores required. :)

Wand of healing is not a bad idea. Both of these are just tacking on more uni-purpose spells to protect one creature unfortunately, and how about that irony, huh? "Now presenting that one mage that needs to run mind shield...the Forcemaster." Meanwhile, dark creatures shrug off fire, forest dwellers shrug off water, yadda yadda. Not saying it couldn't work. Would be cheaper than nullify anyway...

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 09:40:08 AM »
Uni-purpose? How about Weak tokens from the Gorgon? One of the FM's greatest foils....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 09:51:32 AM »
I am using the blade master for his defences and damage out put. A force master has to try and win quickly

somaddict

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 12:30:29 PM »
Uni-purpose? How about Weak tokens from the Gorgon? One of the FM's greatest foils....

I consistently chose to not get hit by her. Kill, control, run, teleport, aaaahhhhh! :D

somaddict

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 12:37:31 PM »
I am using the blade master for his defences and damage out put. A force master has to try and win quickly

I want to like him too. I gave him several looks at some point yet falcon precision and perfect strike scared me off with his low armor. If he gets stunned, slammed, or dazed that negs his defense as well. 16 mana is a big investment.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 03:41:26 PM »
I liked Sir Corazin when I first saw him, but I don't think he's a good fit for Forcemaster. It is so easy to cripple the Doublestrike ability with Aegis, Agony, Weak tokens, and simple Armor stacking. I'd prefer to use a creature that helps to shore up the Forcemaster's inherent weaknesses rather than making her suffer even worse from them. Such as the Corrode from Devouring Jelly helping against armor stacking opponents. It is also immune to Weak tokens, immune to Sleep, and can not be Restrained currently. Thus, you cut down the effectiveness of two of the traditional counters to a Forcemaster's damage by using a creature that is very hard to crowd control and fairly long lived (with Resilient and Reconstruct).

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 03:47:24 PM »
I liked Sir Corazin when I first saw him, but I don't think he's a good fit for Forcemaster. It is so easy to cripple the Doublestrike ability with Aegis, Agony, Weak tokens, and simple Armor stacking. I'd prefer to use a creature that helps to shore up the Forcemaster's inherent weaknesses rather than making her suffer even worse from them. Such as the Corrode from Devouring Jelly helping against armor stacking opponents. It is also immune to Weak tokens, immune to Sleep, and can not be Restrained currently. Thus, you cut down the effectiveness of two of the traditional counters to a Forcemaster's damage by using a creature that is very hard to crowd control and fairly long lived (with Resilient and Reconstruct).

Devouring Jelly is the first creature that isn't Thoughtspore I'm tempted to make a Forcemaster book around.

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 04:11:17 PM »
"I liked Sir Corazin when I first saw him, but I don't think he's a good fit for Forcemaster. It is so easy to cripple the Doublestrike ability with Aegis, Agony, Weak tokens, and simple Armor stacking"

I have not really had a problem with armor stacking and for the enchantments that is why I run 3 dispels.

lettucemode

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 04:34:18 PM »
The Bloodcrag Minotaur seems like it will be a nice creature for Forcemaster books. 2 less mana than a Grizzly for a better quick attack (if you can Charge) and Tough -2. If the opponent putseagleclaw  boots on you can just pull your minotaur one space away instead. 1 less life than a Grizzly though, and no full attack.