April 27, 2024, 06:23:25 AM

Author Topic: Card spoilers so far.  (Read 57221 times)

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Card spoilers so far.
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2014, 08:09:31 AM »
Wildhorn,

If you exclude the Novice War incantations, then the War school currently has:

Level 1: Battle Fury, Charge, Evade, Sniper Shot
Level 2: Whirling Strike
Level 4: Akiro's Battle Cry

Except no one uses Akiro's Battle Cry and Whirling Strike is inferior to Battle Fury in almost all circumstances.

For comparison, the other schools:

Holy:
Level 1: Minor Heal, Purify, Renewing Rain (also 1 Water)
Level 2: Group Heal, Heal
Level 3: Lay Hands
Level 4: Ressurection

Dark:
Level 1: Reassemble, Vampiric Strike
Level 2: Unholy Resurgence, Zombie Frenzy
Level 3: Animate Dead, Drain Life
Level 4: Drain Soul

Nature:
Level 1: Burst of Thorns, Call of the Wild, Rouse the Beast

Mind:
Level 1: Force Push, Force Wave, Knockdown, Repulse
Level 2: Force Bash, Sleep
Level 3: Steal Equipment
Level 4: Mass Sleep

Arcane:
Level 1: Dispel, Seeking Dispel
Level 2: Teleport
Level 3: Banish, Drain Power, Purge Magic, Steal Enchantment
Level 4: Destroy Magic

Every school, with the exception of Nature (whose power lies mostly in enchantments), has more incantations than the War school. And generally, the incantations most commonly used in other schools aren't level 1 (Teleport, Sleep, Heal, etc).

That is why people say the War school is weak when it comes to enchantments. It really doesn't help that the War school is starved for enchantments as well.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2014, 08:12:56 AM »
I know, I was not saying that War school was fine. I was saying it is not because Novice spell got tagged War.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2014, 05:30:18 PM »
to go back on topic, i'd like the original post to mention the cards revealed in the preview video(wildfire imp, hurl rock, flank attack, signet ring, morning star). Yes, even the promo cards, because now we know 100% they are in the expansion. just a note saying the name and a jist about what it does

Done.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »
Tom Vasel's video is up -->Here<--

Disarm: Novice Mind incantation, when cast, choose an equipment attached to target Mage and place a Disable token on it. X= object's level. Disable tokens mean that equipment cannot be used. 1 token gets removed from the equipment each Reset phase.

Akiro's Favor: Level 1 War enchantment. 2 mana to play facedown, 1 to reveal. Once per round, when this creature makes a melee or ranged attack, you may reroll all the attack dice OR the effect die. Or you can reroll the d12 if you were dazed.

If I'm not mistaken, that's 40/41 cards?

Edit: Nvm, it's all 41. Realized I didn't have a pic of Rolling Fog up there.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 04:36:35 PM by Lord0fWinter »
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 04:50:47 PM »
Akiro's Favor looks extremely nice. The target restriction prevents you from using it as a curse, but it will still make attacks much more consistent.

I'm not a big fan of Disarm so far, but I'll have to see the rules for Disable tokens.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Disarm so far, but I'll have to see the rules for Disable tokens.

From what he said, it seems like that equipment can't be used if it has a Disable token on it. Then, every Ready phase, one token is removed. The question I have is if I place it on my enemy's armor equipment, do they lose that armor for a turn? Or is this only for equipment cards that have attacks and/or special effects? Could be pretty useful. It's a Novice level 1 spell, so extremely cheap.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »
The neat thing about Disarm is it could slow down the dwarven warlord who's wearing his Harshforge Armor, Armor Ward, and has put Cantrip on his shiny weapon/wand. Dissolving a Mage Wand for example is 13 mana like this.

Akiros Favor is obviously amazing. Nothing bites more than having your Pet Steelclaw Grizzly whiff after all, or firing off a Fireball and it doing nothing.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2014, 11:12:35 PM »
Akiros Favor is obviously amazing. Nothing bites more than having your Pet Steelclaw Grizzly whiff after all, or firing off a Fireball and it doing nothing.

Slightly off topic, but in one game I flipped over a Force Field in response to a Fireball... Damn that felt good! :D

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2014, 04:49:42 AM »
Slightly off topic, but in one game I flipped over a Force Field in response to a Fireball... Damn that felt good! :D

In one game I flipped over a Reverse Attack in response to a Fireball... That felt even better :P

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2014, 04:55:55 AM »
In one game, i flipped myself over and pretending to be dead in response to a Fireball... That felt horrible :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2014, 06:47:25 AM »
In one game, I flipped over the table in response to a Fireball. That felt weird.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2014, 11:32:42 AM »
Towards a responsive Fireball I once flipped in a table as a game. That felt hot.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:35:59 AM by fas723 »

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2014, 04:59:46 PM »
Keep it on topic please  8)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2014, 11:26:51 PM »
Hey look at me! I'm on topic! How odd right?

I think you should add a link to your review at the very top of this post. It has the same spoilers, but with more discussion.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:42:04 PM by echephron »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2014, 02:42:01 AM »
Thinking about Disarm more, I think that I'll like it for mages that have specific equipment that they need to shut down in order to land damage, such as the Adramelech Warlock shutting down Dragonscale Hauberk or Elemental Cloak. It's a much safer play than Dissolve if they have a face down enchantment that could be a Nullify or Reverse Magic, it's cheap, and it has better range than Dissolve. Mostly I would want to use it to spike damage through against someone with a key piece of defensive equipment like Dragonscale Hauberk, Elemental Cloak, Veteran's Belt, or Suppression Cloak if I want to check for Nullify/Reverse Magic.

I don't think I would use it to shut down more active options such as disabling a weapon or wand. Shutting down a defensive measure for a turn can be capitalized on by multiple creatures/conjurations. Shutting down a weapon only reduces their attack strength slightly.

Another option with it that I didn't think of before is removing Corrode conditions from yourself by deactivating your chest piece for a round for 1 mana. That's a pretty efficient way to remove 2 Corrodes. For the Anvil Throne Warlord, it could even remove 3 Corrodes.