April 29, 2024, 01:45:39 PM

Author Topic: Questions from Facebook  (Read 6892 times)

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: Questions from Facebook
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »
Oh wow, I cant believe a skipped a whole line of text... Good to be clarified.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 01:35:14 PM »
Lord0fWinter is correct. Page 16 of the English Rulebook v3.0 states exactly that. The spell is returned during the next planning phase and if the spawnpoint gets destroyed before then, you lose the spell as well.

If a spawn point has lower health you risk losing the card. This is correct. Just like familiars and wands.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 03:22:18 PM »

7) My opponent had no Line of Sight after the two walls were put up. He put vines into my "camp," (walled-off zone) but could not summon anything in there until the wall was shattered and the Line of Sight restored. Did we play this correctly?

The wall in question was wall of bone, which has the Passage Blocked trait as well as No Line of Sight.

If the wall is "passage blocked" how do we allow vines to penetrate the wall. I get that a vine could simply so underground and come up the other side, but that doesn't seem fair.

And if that's the case when is the Beast Master going to get a Rabid Groundhog who can dig under walls?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »
Growing under the walls, climbing over the walls, however makes thematic sense to you. Creatures can already bypass walls by using Flying, Climbing, or Teleport so a Burrow mechanic wouldn't be much different. Mechanically though I don't see any imbalance or unfairness in the current rules, which don't care one bit about blocked passage or blocked line of sight when placing the vine markers, however you do need to have line of sight to actually cast anything from the vines or otherwise utilize them for anything other than hinderance.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 05:14:55 PM »
Growing under the walls, climbing over the walls, however makes thematic sense to you. Creatures can already bypass walls by using Flying, Climbing, or Teleport so a Burrow mechanic wouldn't be much different. Mechanically though I don't see any imbalance or unfairness in the current rules, which don't care one bit about blocked passage or blocked line of sight when placing the vine markers, however you do need to have line of sight to actually cast anything from the vines or otherwise utilize them for anything other than hinderance.

I got out voted on that. IMO it plays better without needing LoS to spawn
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 08:07:25 PM »
I may be inclined to agree with you Shad0w. I especially think it's kind of awkward when it's a spawnpoint casting through a vine marker and you have to check Line of Sight. I've walled in a vine tree before to neuter it, to my opponent's dismay. Well, not completely neutered, she still got the Treebond and could put down more vines, but it stopped her from casting so much which helped me a lot. T'was the best I could think of since I didn't want to take the time to chop the tree down.