July 07, 2024, 10:36:47 PM

Author Topic: FIF: Rust Preview  (Read 6966 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
FIF: Rust Preview
« on: April 02, 2014, 09:56:38 AM »
>>HERE<< is the preview article for Rust, a fantastic new curse. So the question is, what would you like to Rust?

lettucemode

Re: FIF: Rust Preview
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 10:07:49 AM »

A Water curse! Cool. Seems like a pretty staple card, its existence will make armor stacking that much less attractive.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 10:08:39 AM »
I think it is the first thing that give negative armor if we exclude Corrode. What happens if someone has negatif armor? Is it considered to be at 0? Or it gives extra dices?

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »
And I still wonder, if an Iron Golem is that huge, how it doesnt has 20 attack dices? Anything hit or stomped on should instant die.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 10:15:37 AM »
I think it is the first thing that give negative armor if we exclude Corrode. What happens if someone has negatif armor? Is it considered to be at 0? Or it gives extra dices?

You can't have less than 0 armor.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

lettucemode

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 10:17:41 AM »

The RAW say the damage formula is crit damage + max(normal damage - armor, 0). So if a target had negative armor you wouldn't get any extra dice, but you would get that much extra damage IF you rolled any normal damage. That is kind of awkward so I think it makes more sense to say that a creature can never have less than 0 armor.

Lord0fWinter, is that in the FAQ?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:23:19 AM by lettucemode »

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 10:22:41 AM »

The RAW says the damage formula is critDamage + max(normalDamage - armor, 0). So if a target had negative armor you wouldn't get any extra dice, but you would get that much extra damage IF you rolled any normal damage. That is kind of awkward so I think it makes more sense to say that a creature can never have less than 0 armor.

Lord0fWinter, is that in the FAQ?

Right from the codex for 'armor +/- X' actually
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

lettucemode

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 10:25:40 AM »

I would fail to check the most obvious place...d'oh!

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 10:47:38 AM »
Water lvl 1!!!!!

perfect for druid !!!

i need something like that!!!

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 11:27:28 AM »

I would fail to check the most obvious place...d'oh!

I know exactly how you feel haha. I'm actually just as surprised as you are that it was so easy to find. I knew I had seen it written somewhere, but like you, I thought it was in the FAQ as well. However, I took a quick glance at the codex and saw it there instead.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 02:53:34 PM »
So lets get to it for the sake of it.

1)
A mage with 0 armor gets rusted (revealed). Afterwards the mage casts a dragonscale hauberk.
Will he now have 2 armor or 0 armor?

(my guess is he will have 2 armor. Like a necro vamp can fly if maim wings is already revealed before necro pays 1 mana to fly (or am i wrong here as well?))

2)
If i have the marked for death (revealed), Rust (revealed) and a facedown enchantment transfusion.
The creature suffers an attack that will just excately kill it considered the rust effect takes place - will i have the option to reveal enchantment transfusion after damage is applied to transfer marked and rust to another target, or will this make the target survive the attack?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 03:01:34 PM »

1)
A mage with 0 armor gets rusted (revealed). Afterwards the mage casts a dragonscale hauberk.

(my guess is he will have 2 armor. Like a necro vamp can fly if maim wings is already revealed before necro pays 1 mana to fly (or am i wrong here as well?))

2)
If i have the marked for death (revealed), Rust (revealed) and a facedown enchantment transfusion.
The creature suffers an attack that will just excately kill it considered the rust effect takes place - will i have the option to reveal enchantment transfusion after damage is applied to transfer marked and rust to another target, or will this make the target survive the attack?

1) He would have 0 armor. You add all of the +/- traits of the same type together.

2) You cannot reveal an enchantment during any of the steps of an attack only between any of the steps. So, if you want to save them you would have to reveal the transfusion after dice rolling and before application.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 03:05:44 PM »

1)

2)

1) He would have 0 armor. You add all of the +/- traits of the same type together.

2) You cannot reveal an enchantment during any of the steps of an attack only between any of the steps. So, if you want to save them you would have to reveal the transfusion after dice rolling and before application.

1) If the result would be less than 0 it counts as 0. This is checked each time that object gets attacked.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 03:42:28 PM »
Slick little spell. Cheap too. I like it.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 10:17:56 PM »
Quote from: Laddinfance

Which means moving the spell could indeed cause the creature to survive the attack as it's armor goes back up.