April 29, 2024, 01:24:57 AM

Author Topic: My Druid Deck  (Read 10317 times)

allfather1213

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
My Druid Deck
« on: February 17, 2014, 03:38:43 PM »
I received the druid for Christmas this year and has easily become my favorite mage. The vine tokens and tree bond hooked me in from the beginning and her theme and play style sealed the deal. My spell list is below and i was hoping I could have some feed back. The deck is built to deal with a variety of situations as my most common opponents are the Necromancer and Warlock.

Thanks

EQUIPMENT

Druid leaf ring x1
Meditation Amulet x2
Mage Wand x2
Elemental Cloak x2

INCANTATIONS

Force Push x2
Burst of Thorns x3
Renewing Rain x2
Heal x2
Group Heal x2
Dispel x4
Dissolve x2
Purify x2
Teleport x1

CREATURES

Thorn Lasher x3
Vine Snapper x3
Raptor Vine x3
Kralthor x1

CONJURATIONS

Seedling Pod x3
Bloodspine Wall x6
Corrosive Orchid x3
Etherian Lifetree x2
Samara Tree x1
Stranglevine x2
Mohaktari x1
Vine Tree x1

The Warlock deck I fight is built with an emphasis on equipment and Armour this is why I carry so many equipment destroyer cards. I take mage wand to bind burst of thorns to. This set up allows me to apply bleeds on the enemy mage from afar with vine tokens. I always bind with my Vine Tree (of course) and only take the Samara Tree to make extra snappers on raptors when I have to.

Thanks for taking the time to read my deck and please comment if you have any thoughts.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: My Druid Deck
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 04:33:44 PM »
Welcome to the forums! The druid is very interesting to me. I didn't like her at first but after playing her a bit, I grew more and more fond of her.

If this were my deck, here is what I would do. I'm assuming you used all 120 points.

- Samara tree and the seedling pods. You don't really need them and could use the points for something more important. (115 points)
- Both heals . Your creatures all have regenerate, you probably wont need so much healing. (Replace with minor heal, 113 points)
- All 3 vine snappers and add another Raptor vine instead. IMO they are much better b/c they have vampiric. (109 points)
- Both etherian life trees. They give a +2 life boost to ALL living creatures and conjurations, including the opponents. Against the necromancer this does almost nothing, but against others it does. (105 points)
- Mohktari also. Regen doesnt stack. Yes, it would upgrade the regeneration on some of your creatures to 2, but they have to stay in that zone to receive it. (103 points)
- One bloodspie wall (102 points)

Okay, now there are 18 points to work with (if my math is correct)

+Dragonscale hauberk. This is a must have. Especially since your opponent is usually a Warlock. (105 points)
+ Leather boots and gloves. Cheap armor is always nice. (107 points)
+ Battleforge. Lets you cast all your equipment spells without having to cast them yourselves. (112 points)
+ 2 bear strength. They're always nice to have. Cast on kralathor. (114 points)
+ 2 rhino hide. Again, always nice to have. Cast on your druid. (116 points)
+ Barkskin. 2 armor and regen 2, MUST have for druids. (118 points)

Add armor as you need it. With both leather items, elemental cloak, dragonscale hauberk, rhino hide, and barkskin, you have 9 armor, plus regen 2, AND the treebond. So essentially you have 4 healing a turn.

Granted, you will likely never have that much armor on at once. But it's nice to be able to if needed.

Edit- Veteran's belt is needed in here somewhere.

TURN 1- (19 mana).
DEPLOY- Vine marker in your zone.
QC- Druid's Leaf Ring. (17 mana left.)
FC- Vine tree in starting zone. Treebond to it. (9 mana left.)

TURN 2 - (19 mana) (1 on vine tree)
DEPLOY- Vine marker in zone to your left and the zone above it. (18 mana)
QC- Battleforge in zone above you. (10 mana left.)

This is where it starts to depend on what your opponent is doing, or what you want to do.

During deployment of the next round, equip meditation amulet if doing a turtle strategy. If the other mage is being super aggressive and rushing you, start equipping armor.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:51:18 PM by Lord0fWinter »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

DrunkenSaint

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »
like the looks of it! always fun looking at people's builds. As for input:

I might consider removing some of your heals. especially group heals with regeneration on all of your stuff how often do you really find that multiple targets have taken serious damage? 2x on each of heal/group heal and renewing rain seems a bit excessive. I'd look for some cards that might be able to help you defensively when you need them to, but also expand your options. Another teleport/force push/ or even a standard wall, will all often be able to save your bacon giving your creatures time to make use of their regen. They have the advantage of also giving you more offensive options when those are called for.

You also might find that having an armor ward or some nullify enchantments might be more effective than just having 2 copies of the equipment you like.

Anyways I too love the druid! and am exited to see more builds for her!

allfather1213

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 08:00:46 PM »
Thanks for the input you're so right about the samura tree and seedling pods thanks for the great advice

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 05:18:51 AM »
I take mage wand to bind burst of thorns to. This set up allows me to apply bleeds on the enemy mage from afar with vine tokens.
Great trick but unfortunately you can't do that as Burst of Thorns is not a vine spell and thus can't use "vine range".
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 09:48:57 AM »
I take mage wand to bind burst of thorns to. This set up allows me to apply bleeds on the enemy mage from afar with vine tokens.
Great trick but unfortunately you can't do that as Burst of Thorns is not a vine spell and thus can't use "vine range".

Borg good catch.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 07:49:53 PM »
Burst of thorns on mage wand is not bad.  U can cast it 2 zones away to bypass obscurity. But I don't bother mage wanding it. I just carry 4 burst of thorns.  I personally love using other school conjurations with my druid like idol of pestilence, surpresion orb, garvitor and my favorite is alter of the iron guard.  All of these synergies with the druids in different ways.  I use them to lock down my opponent and shoot them with a bow.
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 06:24:55 AM »
@lil_drag_n : i'm a beginner too, but i think you meant the equipment called galvitar, force blade, and that one is forcemaster only..idol of pestilence gives all living creatures 1 poison damage..why would you do that to your plants ?

i just prefere the basic regrowth to the barkskin, because of its upkeep cost...but maybe that's not efficient enough, as barkskin also includeds armor...

i just love the druid !
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 08:29:08 PM »
Hi pete2.  Welcome to mage wars. I play regularly and have intro MW to 5 friends.  I love getting newbies hooked on MW.  Sorry I miss spelled gravikor. It's a conjuration promo card that grounds all flyers within 2 zones, which are then hindered by the vine markers.  And I put idol on because all of the druids plants creature regen while the opponents creature and mage die slowly. Forcing them to come after the idol.  But they can't do that quickly as they are hindered and costing them mana from the suppression orb.  See the synergy of all these random cars?😋
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 12:55:13 AM »
Yeah...speaking of getting hooked...this game is so addictive...i could play this all day long ! I just love it ! I will definitely look that promo up later ! To get back to the idol : i was aware of the regen trait on plants, but can they regenerate from poison damage ?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 01:14:01 AM »
Hey Pete welcome to the forums. Yeah a plant can regenerate Poison damage. Unless the Idol of Pestilence is out or you put Poisoned Blood on it.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 02:15:08 AM »
these forums sure help me to finetune my game...i learned quite a lot the past couple of days !

thx !

PS : i'm working on a priest build (holy fire) and will be posting it asap to look for advice from ya all...