March 28, 2024, 08:42:45 PM

Author Topic: booster suggestion  (Read 9595 times)

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: booster suggestion
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 10:37:06 PM »
I know u don't intend any insults but I do not lack imagination.  What I have is 3 babies in diapers.  What that equates to is a lack of time and money.  I enjoy playing various dif mages in different strategies. I play regularly but do not have the time to pull cards from one book for another.   I understand its a problem of luxury. But its difficult to justify the cost of another core set to the wife.  Remember a happy wife is a happy life.  An unhappy wife is no mage war time.  Hahaha. Well guess what. I bit the bullet on this one and bought another core today in anticipation of FiF and PvsS.  I found a DMG box for a good price.  I real do hope AW make the 'essential' cards more accessible because I am not buying a 4 core set no mater what.
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
booster suggestion
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 02:13:16 PM »
I really didn't intend that as an insult and I'm sorry you took it that way.

However, there are some possible solutions to the issue of timeliness that don't require you to dish out that much extra money. For one, don't use the spellbook binders and keep your spellbooks in deck-form. Just "search your deck" each planning phase.

The following link will show you some neat ways to make your games easier to setup, cleanup and travel with.

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13364
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:15:23 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »
Imaginator has a good point. There are some methods of going "outside the box" that could potentially help with your issue. I don't personally like the idea of ditching the Spellbook however, and I'm not certain if it would assist your problem of maintaining multiple spellbooks all that much. Another solution, however, is the modular spellbook idea. First suggested by IndyPendant, it would still involve deconstructing books to create new ones when you wish to dabble with a new book, but it improves upon the concept greatly. Instead of swapping one spell at a time, you simply take a whole page of the book out and transfer it over. You can keep multiple half finished spellbooks around, and simply transfer the remaining shared spells as needed in a matter of seconds.

Hedge

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 03:38:44 PM »
I have sold cards for several different cards games that came is large combined sets. I split the sets up into smaller units and sold them seperately through Ebay and then through a Yahoo e-commerce site. I tried selling Mage Wars in Single form and Sold a decent amount per month. However, It was not enough to pay the costs associaated with the site. I can look into the base set and the core set tomes to see if they will divide easily into schools packs. Then I may sell them if the financials prove beneficial, being that the revenue I recieve at least pays for all the cards and the fees associated with selling the cards. I am hesitant to use Ebay because the reason I moved off of ebay is the fees they were charging became too high. when I switched to the Yahoo e-commerce site hosting the cost was cut by over 70%.

Hedge