April 19, 2024, 02:27:25 AM

Author Topic: Wand of Healing question  (Read 3758 times)

koenigcitizen

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Wand of Healing question
« on: February 23, 2014, 08:59:06 AM »
<Wasn't sure if it should go to "rules" section instead>

First post here :)

Last night during a game my friend and I had a disagreement on how Wand of Healing works.

His understanding was that it uses a READY marker and does not take an action because of the text on the bottom "once per round, the mage may cast one of the above spells...". That text made him believe that he does not need to spend his mage action to cast one of the spells on the wand.

We played it his way, so every round during upkeep he healed 2 dice worth of damage on his necromancer.

I believe that it does in fact take an action for the mage to use wand of healing. Just like any other staff with a spell attached or a ring, etc.

I mean after all, Mokhtari branch has the same wording (once per round, mage can cast above spell), so by same logic, that would not take an action as well...

Thank you

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wand of Healing question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:14:23 AM »
These items use up your action. The wording is designed to specify that you can't use the ability twice in the same turn.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: Wand of Healing question
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 11:59:52 AM »
It use an action. Look at the lightning in a circle. It is the quick action icon. So it require a quick action to use.