April 25, 2024, 02:05:17 AM

Author Topic: Anyone familiar with Madison WI  (Read 4437 times)

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Anyone familiar with Madison WI
« on: February 17, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »
I currently live in Tampa, Fl but have applied for a position up in Madison WI and was wondering if anyone is familiar with the area and knows of any good game stores up there?

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone familiar with Madison WI
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 03:06:32 AM »
I'm Board is an excellent game store in Middleton, which is not far from Madison. From downtown Madison you just drive down University. They have a board game night every Thursday that I try to go to when I can. I play Mage Wars there about every other Wednesday.

There is also a Pegasus Games on the west side of Madison, and a Netherworld Games downtown. The people at Netherworld Games seemed more focused on MtG from what I saw, but that might have just been when I was there. They certainly have board games in the store.

There is a board game club at UW-Madison, but you don't need to be a member of the university to attend.

There are also many people in the area that play board games, and have people over to play.

There is a fair amount of gaming in the area overall, and my recommendation is to go to I'm Board.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone familiar with Madison WI
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:27:17 PM »
Thanks for the information, I have 2 game stores within 30 minutes of where I live now and would hate to move some place that did not have a good gaming scene.