March 29, 2024, 08:34:29 AM

Author Topic: Spell books for sale?  (Read 5630 times)

GD360

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Spell books for sale?
« on: August 06, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »
Will you guys be selling Spell Books (binders) at GenCon?

My wife and I really enjoyed your demo last year. I was looking to set up a spell book for my son as well but the Core only comes with 2 spell books. We are looking to get the Tome to reinforce our spell book, but did not want to get another Core set.

Fyst

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Spell books for sale?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »
From the News page on magewars.com...
"We will have a limited number of copies of Mage Wars for sale Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning while supplies last. We are also selling t-shirts (Fellela and Nullify), baseball caps, extra spellbooks, and the Core Spell Tome."

So you can pick up your Core Spell Tome as well as an extra spellbook or two.

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 01:42:17 PM »
We'll definitely have some third-party spell books for sale at Gencon. They won't have the custom Mage Wars art, but they should help you start building more custom spell books!

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »
actually i have a question too.  i have not heard a definate answer on if themed spellbooks with the names of the mages on the spine will be available.  I am pretty sure they wont be for gen con but is this something planned
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

C0ntAct HiGh

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 07:16:46 PM »
Actually that would be really neat to have Mage specific books.
\"Guilt resembles a sword with two edges.  On one hand it cuts for justice, imposing practical morality upon those who fear it. But there is another side to that weighted emotion.  Conscience does not always adhere to rational judgement.  Guilt is always a self-imposed burden, not always rightly imposed\" --Drizzt Do\'Urden

Hedge

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 09:54:20 PM »
For those that are interested I Found 14 page "spellbooks" at Walmart in thier CCG section near the registers for under $2.50. I covered the dealer's hall yesterday before we headed out looking for the 4 pocket binders and there were some there, but they all only had 10 pages for a total of 40 cards single stacked. not quite big enough for most spellbooks.

Hedge

thuzl

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 10:38:28 PM »
We are currently working with the vendor to produce enough of our custom spell books so that we can begins selling them individually. We also have a couple of new cover designs in the works.

You guys will be the first to know when each of these items are available.