September 29, 2024, 07:27:10 AM

Author Topic: Several clarifications  (Read 2599 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Several clarifications
« on: January 25, 2014, 08:11:17 AM »
1- When a creature with a condition dice (yellow dice) donĀ“t do damage with his attack the effect dies can have succesful?

2-Can i teleport a creature or mage through a wall if i cant see the zone?

Thanks for all.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: Several clarifications
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
1- Yes. They are not dependant of each others.

2- To cast a spell, you need Line of Sight to all the spell targets line. So, no you can not.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 10:35:43 AM »
The answer to the teleport question actually depends on how you are achieving the teleport effect. The teleport ability does not require line of sight, however as wild gotten pointed out you do need line of sight to your targets when you cast a spell. The incantation spell called teleport involves targeting both the creature in question and the destination zone, so you need to be able to see both. However the enchantments divine intervention does not require you to have line of sight to the destination, nor does teleport trap. The teleport abilities of blue gremlin and gray wraith also do not require line of sight.

Basically, unless it says you have to have line of sight or have to target your destination or something else too that effect, teleport does not itself require you to see the zone you are going to and you may indeed go through a wall.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 02:35:58 PM »
@ Zuberi
Thanks for saving me the time doing this.

@ isel

I do not mind you asking just before making a new thread please try to search for the answer. We already have a few threads on this.

Teleport clarification

Blue Gremlin and Teleport

TELEPORT

Teleport and LOS
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage