April 27, 2024, 08:52:30 AM

Author Topic: So I'm thinking I should put some undead in with my Warlock.  (Read 13361 times)

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: So I'm thinking I should put some undead in with my Warlock.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 12:38:39 PM »
A match (3 rounds) takes about an hour. Methinks 50 minutes to be exact. Each individual game takes 10 to 20 minutes. Magic is kind of a filler game.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 03:41:57 PM »
Yeah I kind of noticed it's pretty easy to pick up and play. Probably has a lot to do with it's success. Clix on the other hand consists of 3 rounds a tournament with each round being 45-50 minutes depending on your venue. Extra rounds will be added for larger events.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 05:43:45 PM »
Warhammer tourneys usually pull the plug at 3 hours per game. Not including set up, which can run another 30 minutes if you've got a big army.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 12:16:17 AM »
So how many rounds are Warhammer tournaments normally?
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Alexander West

• Falconer
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 03:09:40 AM »
Right now, I really like any book that has the capacity to run creatures immune to Psychic and vs. Living effects.  I feel when you do this you get to hose most Warlocks, the Johkarti, the Forcemaster, and zombie Necromancers.  The problem for the Warlock is that your Blood Reaper is going to turn on all of those book types.

In Magic it is normal to finish best 2 of 3 games in 50 minutes (or 55 minutes at the professional level).

The Spellbook is sort of deck and sideboard in one.  In Magic, you get 75 cards and only get to run 60 of them at a time.  In Mage Wars you get 120 points of cards, and always have access to all of them, even if you only use 40-60% in most match-ups.  Both games you play cards that are for corner cases/special occasions!  :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:13:48 AM by Alexander West »
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not is a fool for a lifetime."

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 06:18:14 AM »
A 1 day Warhammer tourney will run 3 games, a 2 day tourney will usually run 5. Because a lot of people will be tied on wins/losses with only 3 games,  there are usually bonus points available for painting or for completing optional objectives in-game.