April 24, 2024, 04:18:32 AM

Author Topic: Alternative female mage art?  (Read 43692 times)

MageMuse

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative female mage art?
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2014, 06:56:18 PM »
I'm may not be personally offended by the artwork (I've seen far worse, so maybe I have become numb to it).  HOWEVER, I do understand why people would be turned away from the game.  Before I ever read this thread, I had already begun to make new printable versions to sleeve over the original artworks.  Fact is this is a social game and half of my gaming group is female.  Second, if after being married and I have daughters, I plan to raise them in a way that give them the most control of their destiny (my fiancee and I agreed that we want ALL of our kids trained in self-defense) and a healthy view of their roles within society.  In short, I have some empathy for those that do take some offense.  The easiest card solution has been the dispel card since it's a matter of simply printing out the one depicting a fully armored female over the woman, who looks like she's wearing a workout bra and panties.  To be honest, the replacement looks much cooler.  Being an artist and a photoshop adept (16 years of experience), I plan to to this for other cards when I can buy some time.  Depending on whether I use found art or my own is entirely up to time constraints.  Won't guarentee it, but I might post my replacements.  I also won't guarantee they will be enough but it will be toned down.