April 27, 2024, 08:20:17 AM

Author Topic: Bitterwood Swarm Opening  (Read 9387 times)

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
Re: Bitterwood Swarm Opening
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 10:04:21 AM »
Better make sure they killed thier target, cauze tbey will be blown up.
Si vis pacem para bellum

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 05:53:47 AM »
Quote from: "paradox22" post=7013
Better make sure they killed thier target, cauze tbey will be blown up.

:D :D
if they did, it's end of the game and no mage to cast zone attack on them:)

Alexander West

• Falconer
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 12:05:56 AM »
This opening can go faster:

T1: double move, cast Lair FC
T2: move, beast ring, QC Fox, Lair summons Fox
T3: move, attack, QC Fox, Lair summons Fox, etc.

Skipping the beast ring is fine if your opponent is in the corner and you need an extra move.  In this way you are summoning 10 points of foxes with 11 mana a turn between you and the lair, so you slowly generate a surplus.  The surplus can be used to pay for a Rajan's Fury to buff the group, or Etherian Lifetree or Fortified Position to protect from area damage spells.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought with new cards out it would be interesting to revive it.  Lifetree seems particularly good for a swarm since it is a QC, can always be dropped before the AoE spell goes off, and isn't easy to disspell like some other options would be.

Thoughts?
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not is a fool for a lifetime."

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 10:17:13 AM »

This opening can go faster:

T1: double move, cast Lair FC
T2: move, beast ring, QC Fox, Lair summons Fox
T3: move, attack, QC Fox, Lair summons Fox, etc.

Skipping the beast ring is fine if your opponent is in the corner and you need an extra move.  In this way you are summoning 10 points of foxes with 11 mana a turn between you and the lair, so you slowly generate a surplus.  The surplus can be used to pay for a Rajan's Fury to buff the group, or Etherian Lifetree or Fortified Position to protect from area damage spells.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought with new cards out it would be interesting to revive it.  Lifetree seems particularly good for a swarm since it is a QC, can always be dropped before the AoE spell goes off, and isn't easy to disspell like some other options would be.

Thoughts?

Don't forget Sacred Ground!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.