April 29, 2024, 09:04:28 AM

Author Topic: Stranglevine Crush  (Read 4619 times)

TheMotif

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Stranglevine Crush
« on: December 03, 2013, 10:35:06 AM »
Should there be Crush tokens in the Druid vs. Necromancer expansion? Also is there a removal cost for the crush effect put on by StrangleVine?

Thanks

lettucemode

Re: Stranglevine Crush
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 11:22:53 AM »
I just use a d6 to keep track of the crush tokens.

The crush tokens are not a condition, they don't have a removal cost. The damage Stranglevine does is also not a condition. Only way to avoid getting crushed is to kill it.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 11:43:24 AM »
Theres a few spells out there that call for tokens/counters which don't actually exist=

Wrath Tokens
Load Tokens
Banish Tokens
Mist Tokens
and these Crush Tokens

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 11:51:02 AM »
So apparently I am not the only one who spent time looking for tokens that don't exist.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 12:06:54 PM »
So apparently I am not the only one who spent time looking for tokens that don't exist.

If you looked in the base game codex under Token, you would have got your answer ;)

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 05:50:22 PM »
Quote from: Wildhorn
If you looked in the base game codex under Token, you would have got your answer

The official policy seems to be to package condition markers but not tokens. The difference between the two is minimal and is really up to the whim of Arcane Wonders. They both track long lasting effects on an object. Conditions all have a removal cost though and can be impacted by various spells and effects. Tokens are currently much more difficult to interact with. Conditions also tend to be general effects with sections of the rules dedicated to their explanation. Meanwhile tokens tend to be specific to a card and function mostly for record keeping (keeping count of things).

Arcane Wonders has relaxed this policy some and released a few tokens that players asked for, such as armor tokens and melee tokens, so if there is a token you feel needs to be included you should let them know! Keep in mind though that the reason for excluding tokens from the game is to keep costs as low as possible. You have to consider, is that token you want worth a couple extra dollars for the game?

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 12:51:42 AM »
Theres a few spells out there that call for tokens/counters which don't actually exist=

Wrath Tokens
Load Tokens
Banish Tokens
Mist Tokens
and these Crush Tokens
Skull tokens for the Altar of Skulls are another one.  I used the extra d12 from my second copy of Mage Wars to keep track of it the other day, but I plan on getting some of these bad boys to use in the future:  http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=9101#.Up7QseI4PTI
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 01:02:26 AM »
Those are pretty wicked. I like.

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 01:37:03 AM »
Those are pretty wicked. I like.
Yeah, I was looking at getting some of those for action tokens for HeroClix a while back, and playing Mage Wars this weekend and looking for a way to keep track of my Skull tokens on the altar reminded me of them, so I think I'm going to have get a set.  They're something cheap I can throw on whenever I order a bunch of gaming stuff, too, which is always nice.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer