April 28, 2024, 03:39:02 AM

Author Topic: Vampirism and Lash of Fire  (Read 4571 times)

Treehorn

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Vampirism and Lash of Fire
« on: May 12, 2013, 03:43:20 PM »
Hi there,
bought the game last winter, love it. The only complaint i have concerning MW is that the fun really starts when you are able to play it on a regular basis and regular playing buddies are hard to find for an over 40-year old gamer.  :(

Now to my question: In my last session I chased my opponent (Beastmaster) across the board with my Warlock equipped with the Lash of Fire. With Bear's Strength and fire effect-enhancing gear I gave him a hard time. But what finally broke his will to resist was the Vampirism spell I put on the warlock. So any damage I got so far was quickly healed while whipping him to shreds. He had run out of dispells (which were all countered with nullify spells) already there is no need to say which mage won the match.

So, can damage one does with a melee weapon really benefit from a spell like Vampirism?

Thanks for your thoughts.

T.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Vampirism and Lash of Fire
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 05:29:21 PM »
Nullify can't counter Dispel because Dispel targets an enchantment and Nullify protects a creature from being targeted by enchantments and incantations. The Nullify would trigger if you were targeted by a Dissolve, but not if your Bear Strength was targeted by a Dispel.

Yes, your melee attacks, including those granted to you by a weapon, benefit from Vampirism.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:05:52 AM »
Two stickers. Vamp can be clutch if played mid to late game.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Treehorn

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 10:11:18 AM »
Thanks alot

Both the insights on Vampirism and Nullifiy were highly welcome!

T.

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 11:20:52 AM »
Vampirism is one of those spells that works really well if you cast it facedown early and reveal it only when you need it. It's a way of banking up action advantage, also there's a chance you'll be able to reveal vamp AND battlefury in the same round.

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 08:32:05 AM »
vampirism on adramelech also works really well

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »
Remember though that Vampirism only works off of the first attack. So, Sweeping, Doublestrike, Triplestrike, and Battle Fury do not help your healing at all.

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 06:21:36 AM »
I know that, but adramelech with vampirism is still scary and hard to kill and yes I would have a nullify on him

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 12:26:47 PM »
Barrier

Stop necro posting old threads
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage