May 02, 2024, 01:08:18 AM

Author Topic: Rules not covered in the Rulebook or FAQ  (Read 15275 times)

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Rules not covered in the Rulebook or FAQ
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 04:12:51 PM »
Well, I have updated this thread as promised. As I suspected the recent updates to the FAQ and Rulebook had answered most of the topics here, although I was surprised at the ones that remained. I went ahead and deleted the topics regarding the timing on revealing Charm and Mind Control even though they were not directly addressed in the official documents. It was always clear to me that the ready stage existed in between Action Phases and I think we're all on the same page now without needing it spelled out more clearly in the official documents. If people want me to add them back to this thread, however, I shall do so.

I am surprised that Stranglevine didn't get clarified in the FAQ as I can certainly see people still being confused by the wording on the card regarding the Life Gain. I am also intrigued by the question regarding timing on Seedling Pod which has yet to be addressed at all as far as I can tell.

Speaking of timing issues, while going through everything I discovered what seems like a slight discrepancy regarding Magebane. In a recent thread it was stated that the FAQ says Magebane triggers AFTER the resolve spell step, which is true, and that this means Magebane will not cause damage if it is dispelled. However, the FAQ also states specifically that Magebane WILL cause damage when dispelled. This is rather confusing.

I'm not sure what Reverse Attack Ruling barriecritzer is referring to.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »
I had talked about this awhile ago with Laddin. With finishing FiF I forgot to go back to it.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »
@ Zuberi the ruling about what happens when 2 players have reverse attack on at the same time

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2014, 12:36:39 AM »
Thank you barriecritzer. I added the controversy regarding Reverse Attack along with a link back to the original ruling made by Pixelgeek rather than a link to your thread. I felt it would be the more pertinent one. I still think that this is just a situation where Pixelgeek simply made a mistake, as the rules seem quite clear otherwise.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2014, 02:26:20 PM »
Added in a recent question regarding Enchanter's Wardstone and Nullify.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2014, 09:43:08 AM »
Two of our dangling questions were answered this morning. Many thanks to the almighty god of Laddinfance! We now have a much better understanding of how Seedling Pods work as well as Enchanter's Wardstone (and the counter mechanic).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:55:25 AM by Zuberi »

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2014, 09:45:41 AM »
Two of our dangling questions were answered this morning. Many thanks to the almighty god of Laddinfance! We now have a much better understanding of how Seedling Pods work as well as Enchanter's Wardstone (and the counter mechanic).

Not really a god. Don't feel like having Asyra strike me down on a Monday Morning. Just a (sometimes) humble Mage here.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2014, 09:54:46 AM »
You have the power to smite any heretics that appear within these virtual lands and wave away the clouds of confusion and doubt. That's pretty awesome. If you do not wish to have a godly title though, then it shall be stricken from the records.