April 27, 2024, 07:11:08 AM

Author Topic: Cursed Equipments  (Read 6928 times)

lettucemode

Re: Cursed Equipments
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 03:19:36 PM »
I don't like the idea of a built-in Dissolve for extra mana. To my knowledge pretty much everything in the game so far can be countered with equal mana and equal actions (unless the caster discounted the cost with rings) or no mana but extra actions, as in attacking a conjuration or creature. And even then it is still considered a tempo loss. If there was a way to get cursed equipment off you which is equal actions AND extra mana, then it's an even bigger loss of both tempo and mana to do so. So Dissolve is still way better, it will still shoot up in value, and you'll still need to make room for more of them. So I don't think that suggestion solves the problem.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:40:48 PM by lettucemode »

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 04:15:17 PM »
It would be similar to Explode. With Explode you pay extra mana to get rid of the equipment + get an attack. With the Cursed trait, the player could pay extra mana to get rid of the cursed equipment + get their beneficial equipment. For example, they have a cursed chest piece on you that costs 5. You want to cast your chest piece that costs 6. You pay 11 mana and it is a done deal.

You would then have the question of whether the cursed equipment should go back to the person's spell book or be destroyed. Either way could work, with the spell book option reducing the mana cost necessary to get rid of it. It's just a matter of taste. I would prefer if the Cursed equipment was destroyed.

I still don't like the idea of cursed equipment in general, really. However, if it did make an appearance, that is the best suggestion thus far in my opinion.

lettucemode

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 04:57:06 PM »
I see now. I thought the suggestion was one action to remove the cursed equipment and nothing else. slotting your own replacement at the same time works a lot better.  sorry for the misunderstanding Wildhorn and zuberi.