April 20, 2024, 05:17:15 AM

Author Topic: Age filter or rating system for the creative section?  (Read 3451 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Age filter or rating system for the creative section?
« on: October 25, 2013, 09:05:39 AM »
I spent several hours yesterday writing a really great short story depicting a fight between a beastmaster and a wizard. I'm really excited about it and really want to share it with my fellow mage wars fans. However, I'm worried that it might not be appropriate for some of the younger members of the site, and I'm not sure how to tone it down without diminishing the seriousness of a fight to the death and the reasons that it's taking place. The most I've been able to do is replace both of the curse words entirely with asterisks.

Could you please make an age filter or rating system so that I can safely post my story which I worked hard on?

Thank you so much!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Age filter or rating system for the creative section?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 10:49:26 AM »
I spent several hours yesterday writing a really great short story depicting a fight between a beastmaster and a wizard. I'm really excited about it and really want to share it with my fellow mage wars fans. However, I'm worried that it might not be appropriate for some of the younger members of the site, and I'm not sure how to tone it down without diminishing the seriousness of a fight to the death and the reasons that it's taking place. The most I've been able to do is replace both of the curse words entirely with asterisks.

Could you please make an age filter or rating system so that I can safely post my story which I worked hard on?

Thank you so much!

Send a message to pixel asking about it. I only have mod account I can not see the admin options.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 12:43:08 PM »

There is no way to make an age filter. Besides, they are pointless in any case as a person can just lie when they fill one out :-)

If you are concerned with the content then perhaps posting a warning in the subject of the post would be appropriate.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 12:53:40 PM »
I suppose you're right. I guess that all I can do is put a warning on it and hope that parental controls for individual users, as well as their parents' supervision will prevent people from reading it if it's not appropriate for their ears. And if that doesn't work--they can't say I didn't warn them!

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll do as you suggested.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.