April 27, 2024, 04:06:04 PM

Author Topic: TEMPLE RUN!  (Read 9543 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: TEMPLE RUN!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 02:31:45 PM »
I'd have to get someone to play an equally fun and unique build for the video. While there are quite a few spellbook designs that would be sufficient for this, I'm thinking it would be best thematically if TEMPLE RUN was up against a Forcemaster. Fortunately, I came up with a forcemaster spellbook design that I've tested a couple times that I think will be just as fun and nearly as unique. I'll be posting it soon. Probably in a few days or a couple weeks or so, depending on when I can test it more. When I have finally perfected the forcemaster book design, I'm going to practice more with both spellbooks and recruit someone else to do the same (Murphy maybe, since he's already won several games with TEMPLE RUN?)

I also have an Earth Wizard Build in the works. Unfortunately the build requires a much, MUCH better poker face than I am currently able to generate even online, so I might want some help testing that at some point in the future.

The video is going to be really fun as long as I don't get too nervous! I'm looking forward to it! It probably won't happen for quite a while though.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Darsul

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 04:04:32 PM »
I like the book ideal but, couldn't you make the same book with an earth wizard just as good or even better?

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 07:23:30 PM »
I thought about it, and I think you might be right. This entire build depends on movement around those three walls. But the slightest slip up could cause my builds strength to become a huge weakness, by trapping my mage with his own obstacles. If I used an earth wizard I could have buffed blue gremlins as an alternate win condition, or something. In fact, it might be a good idea to use them instead of my dwarf panzerguardes. While intercept is useful those guys are a bit tricky to summon when I'm spending so much of my mana and actions on other things in this build. But with the earth wizard I'll have more spellbook points for mana crystals AND that arcane creature with intercept. Forgot his name...

I really think you're right. This warlord build has a bit of a ONE-TRACK-mind (forgive the pun), but as a wizard build it will be much more flexible.

Can the warlord do anything that the earth wizard doesn't do better? I really don't like the idea of a useless mage that doesn't have his own strategies unique to him or her, and I'm starting to worry about this.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 08:35:32 PM »
The warlord is close to my heart and I'm working on ways to bring him more love.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »
Laddin we can do some work on that when we start the nex big project.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage