April 25, 2024, 07:10:13 PM

Author Topic: Come to the Dark side! We sold our sense of taste for IMMORTALITY!  (Read 6299 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Come to the Dark side! We sold our sense of taste for IMMORTALITY!
« on: September 14, 2013, 11:38:54 PM »
Which means we don't have food for you. Sorry.

anyways, this will be the random discussion activity thread. it doesn't have to be specifically about mage wars, though.

Random Discussion activity thread, Episode I: Who do you think is the coolest mage and why?

I'll start:

It's a tie between the Wizard and the Forcemaster. The Forcemaster's mind is so powerful that she can use it to physically manipulate her surroundings. Add in her outfit and the whole "jedi-knight" vibe going on, and that's one seriously b***ss mage.

The Wizard--While his mind isn't as powerful as the Forcemaster's, he makes up for that with study and skill. He always keeps a cool head to formulate his plans ahead of time, and every possibility is carefully woven into his plan. And look at that long white beard...let's face it, the wizard is Dumbledore! 'Nuff said.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
Re: Come to the Dark side! We sold our sense of taste for IMMORTALITY!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 12:39:09 AM »
I have no choice but to just fully agree with you!

I think all the mages have something very "Cool" that sets them apart- and even sets them apart from the generic fantasy archetypes that they are "based" off of.

The Priest and the Alternate Beastmaster are ones that have hit a "Thematic" spot for me.

(This is ALL my opinion, I do not represent Arcane Wonders,Mage Wars, are any affiliations of them)

What I got from that expansion was a sort of this idea of "Missionaries" attempting to go to "Godless" land full of savages and convert them into their way of life- and the "savages" fought back!

I dont know.....but that was just one of the coolest moments in my life of gaming. I imagined the storyline and epic battles that must have taken place at this time in Etherias history. I played it out as a movie in my head every night as I went to bed for like a week.

That is why I think the Priest and the Alternate BeastMaster of some of the coolest mages.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 03:49:32 AM »
Plus Jokhtari is tots sexy. That's theme enough for me. Dazzling other mages with her love and whatnot. :P
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 09:39:25 AM »
Plus Jokhtari is tots sexy. That's theme enough for me. Dazzling other mages with her love and whatnot. :P

So tots sexy.  ;D

Dazzling other mages with her love??? ROFL! God, that did get me...I lawled.

It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Come to the Dark side! We sold our sense of taste for IMMORTALITY!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »
Her crossbow shoots cupid arrows then. ::) Sorry, somebody had to make that joke.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:52:22 AM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Gregstrom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 02:38:34 AM »
Necromancer here.  Nothing beats being a dark mastermind drowning the world with uncountable hordes of undead. 

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 02:13:23 AM »
I really like the Beast Master as an interesting take on a ranger type. Summoning actual animals and empowering them is just neat to me. I sort of picture a Steelclaw Grizzly hanging out in the woods when suddenly it's brought to fight in the arena.

Also the Wizard. I have a strange feeling that if all the mages walked into the arena together and only one of them was left standing in the end then it'd be the Wizard. Ignoring all arguments about game play I feel as though in the lore he's probably the single most powerful mage in Etheria.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.