April 29, 2024, 01:13:28 AM

Author Topic: Mage Wars played as a "Old school" TCG  (Read 9705 times)

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars played as a "Old school" TCG
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 12:55:36 AM »
Nice idea about Pikachu skirmisher. Do it, you have the ability to influence design (jealous). Trap enchantments are so Pokemon already.

I think a cheap no attack creature that when killed transforms into a dangerous fiery Phoenix would be interesting. The guard they never want to damage (too much, don't make it too fragile, say 0 armour 7 life fire -2 to make it not too easy to zonal kill). Yeah, I've stolen Rukh Egg shamelessly there. Though my love of X-Men would make the hapless creature Holy and the Phoenix Dark (Legendary of course), even though it should be the first Fire creature we get.

Oh, so few truly original ideas, just variants that improve. Still, like us, a good idea matures and gets better with time. Or so I tell myself...

Simpsons did it!!

Really though- That is a badass idea-rukh egg as a conjuration perhaps???
Or a creature that cant move, but can guard, and intercept- after X damage become a phoenix...

I personally, never worry about borrowing ideas, Building upon what is previously established is just sort of how humans work.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars played as a "Old school" TCG
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 01:53:24 AM »
Your rooted guard (1 counterstrike) is a better idea than a 0 attack mobile creature. We're rocking...

Yes, I agree idea transference is fine as long as you improve on it. Anyway, it's not plagiarism, it's a "reverential homage",,, :)
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.