April 27, 2024, 05:49:57 AM

Author Topic: Wizard Tower  (Read 47561 times)

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Tower
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2013, 03:56:33 AM »
Conjurations (aka "buildings") are not inherently Poison Immune. They are *usually* Nonliving, which grants Poison Immunity. However, there are some (quite a few with the new expansion actually) Living Conjurations which can indeed be effected by Poison.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »
Creatures are per default living.

Conjurations are per default non-living.
Non-living = poisen immune
If a conjuration has the "living" trait then it overrules the default non-living.
If a living conjuration gets a weak condition marker feel free to put it on the conjuration.

However since the codex for weak says:
"Weak - This is a Poison condition which weakens a creature. For each Weak condition on it, the creature loses 1 attack die from all non-spell attacks it makes. Cannot reduce an attack to zero dice. Has no effect on damage barriers or attack spells. Weak has a removal cost of 2"
I will just bother putting tainted and rot on living buildings.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2013, 07:09:58 PM »
That's why I made the statement: "I do not know why the entry for Weak lacks such specificity, but it seems clear enough to me that it only affects Creatures."

I think we are actually on the same page. I just wasn't understanding why you brought Poison Immunity into the conversation. Obviously objects that are Poison Immune can not receive Poison conditions. However not all Conjurations are Poison Immune...

In the end though, the specific use of the word "creature" in the Codex entry for Weak seems perfectly clear.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2013, 12:36:34 PM »

4. Stun in the codex mentions 'creature' similarly to Slam and Daze so again it doesn't look like it affects Wizard's Tower but then the rule says 'Cannot affect Conjurations'.

Now if my Stun can't affect conjurations because the codex says 'creature' then what is the purpose of adding this last line 'Cannot affect Conjurations' to the rule. Unless there are Conjuration/Creatures? .. I don't think so.

Are you certain that Conjuration/Creatures do not exist?  :-X
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2014, 11:00:58 AM »
Just use akiros hammer for this, not good for much more but take down tower with this, also use grimson dead eye, wall of steel and archer tower, or conquer, for warlord. warlock, drain soul all the way, ignore the tower. Beast master... no. druid, strangle vine, run, strangle vine, run... Necro maybe swarm. forcemaster thought spores with forcefield and nullifies. Priestess, heal on mage wand.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2014, 12:00:32 PM »
Welcome 7 months in past?

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2014, 01:07:49 PM »
Dont be rude on time travelers! :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2014, 02:07:23 PM »
Dont be rude on time travelers! :)

I am not. I said welcome :P

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2014, 11:57:06 AM »
This is clearly dead locking.

This way you need a TARDIS to get in  :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage