April 27, 2024, 05:31:18 PM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610215 times)

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #585 on: November 03, 2013, 10:40:08 PM »
What I want to really see in previews are the rules. vigilant and snatch for example.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 03, 2013, 11:13:20 PM »
Oh I was hoping the ? by the level 1 was a guess. That's a pretty rediculous level 1 card imo. It's not very often that there are burn markers all over the board, so that's not my primary concern. My main beef is the super cheap cost for a board wide spell that can not only remove all markers (say a mage being rushed by a flame whipping warlock for instance) but that all creatures and conjurations get a heal. This is a must include for living swarm builds and of course nature/holy any build.

I would imagine getting a "Reconstructing Mist" 9 mana/ level 1 that would reconstruct 2 health of all undead would be an enormously huge advantage. I mean, could you lose.

Here is how i'm going to lose to the Druid. She will stay in her start square, shower rain wand, my zombies will be obliterated by Kralathor. He will grow and grow. He will also get his normal 2 regen and get Renewing Rained no matter his location on the board each round. Essentially giving an already incredible juggernaut of a creature a 4 regen. This is a total of three cards. Put a Nullify on him, and or dispel Deathlock/Plauged/Ghoul Rot.  All other creature effort will be to negate any finite life conjurations. I'm worried.

An extra example: Area effect Firestorm for 11 mana full action. Ok go ahead, i'll just pull out a renewing rain full actiont. Squashed that. You just spent 3 points (assuming your warlock/ fire wizard) while I only had to spend 1. Hmmm

Like I said, very powerful.

This spell screams "Hey opposing mage, run directly to the Druid, ignore all other distractions, good luck"
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:31:29 PM by HomelessJoe »

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 04, 2013, 12:26:27 AM »
Oh I was hoping the ? by the level 1 was a guess. That's a pretty rediculous level 1 card imo. It's not very often that there are burn markers all over the board, so that's not my primary concern. My main beef is the super cheap cost for a board wide spell that can not only remove all markers (say a mage being rushed by a flame whipping warlock for instance) but that all creatures and conjurations get a heal. This is a must include for living swarm builds and of course nature/holy any build.

Not in a Priest build, unless the player likes removing the burns on their opponents. Also I believe it is only creatures, not conjurations.

It looks like it is level 1 from the video, but it is hard to tell. I'm ~90% sure it is. Even if it was a higher level though, I don't think it would be epic.

I would imagine getting a "Reconstructing Mist" 9 mana/ level 1 that would reconstruct 2 health of all undead would be an enormously huge advantage. I mean, could you lose.

There's Mort, which is I suppose the closest thing. Only Skeletons, but you don't have to recast the spell over and over.

Here is how i'm going to lose to the Druid. She will stay in her start square, shower rain wand, my zombies will be obliterated by Kralathor. He will grow and grow. He will also get his normal 2 regen and get Renewing Rained no matter his location on the board each round. Essentially giving an already incredible juggernaut of a creature a 4 regen. This is a total of three cards.  All other creature effort will be to negate any finite life conjurations. I'm worried.

I'm assuming you're speaking from the perspective of the Necromancer? While you have Deathlock out Kralathor heals 0 each turn. If the Druid sends a couple of plants after your Deathlock a Poison Gas Cload/Malacoda and an Idol of Pestilence gives most plant creatures 4 turns of life if they somehow manage to not take any other damage, such as from sacrificing a Plague Zombie to Sacrificial Altar (after it attacks first, of course) for a rot marker on all enemy creatures in the zone (with your special ability this equals an extra 2 direct damage each turn) and an extra 2 dice for your next attack. There are ways to nullify Kralathor and Renewing Rain. There's always Poisoned Blood, especially if the Druid is hiding in the back corner the whole time.

Also if the Druid is spending 9 mana every turn on an incantation, how exactly is she going to have mana available to cast more than 1 or 2 creatures besides Kralathor, unless you've let her build up an absurd amount?

An extra example: Area effect Firestorm for 11 mana full action. Ok go ahead, i'll just pull out a shower rain quickcast. Squashed that. You just spent 3 points (assuming your warlock/ fire wizard) while I only had to spend 1. Hmmm

Now you're talking about a Priestess? The spell is a full action, by the way, not a quick.

Compare it to a Group Heal; if we're only concerned with 1 zone of creatures the Group Heal is superior to Renewing Rain if the creatures you care about have 0-1 burns on them. (Same mana cost, but Group Heal heals an average of 5 per creature, while a Burn does less than 3 on average [in any game of finite length]).

Like I said, very powerful.

Honestly I see it more as a way for a Druid to sort-of cover the major weakness of Flame +2 on pretty much everything she has. Just because a Fire mage won't be able to completely dominate the Druid now doesn't make Renewing Rain OP. Isn't casting heal spells generally considered to be a loss in tempo anyway?

This spell screams "Hey opposing mage, run directly to the Druid, ignore all other distractions, good luck"

I disagree.

Qube

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 05, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »
So, zombie frenzy is not epic... and only lvl 2.  It's a 9 mana incantation that gives all zombies fast and bloodthirsty +1.  The zombie horde is looking pretty good!

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 05, 2013, 01:55:11 PM »
Alright Vassel did it for me:

Mohktari (Conjuration)
Wall of Bones (Conjuration-Wall)
Deathfang, Mort, Plague Zombie, Tataree, Thornlasher, Venomous Zombie, and Zombie Crawler(Creature)
Deathshroud Staff, Veterans Belt, and Vinewhip Staff (Equipment)
Burst of Thorns, Reassemble, Renewing Rain, Unholy Resurgence, and Zombie Frenzy (Incantation)

We have seen all now and was able to fill in the missing text. All I am really missing at this point are the card numbers that I haven't been able to figure out yet. I.E. DNC03 etc. I don't have all of these yet...
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 05, 2013, 02:17:55 PM »
I'm just ready to get my copy already....

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 05, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »
All I am really missing at this point are the card numbers that I haven't been able to figure out yet. I.E. DNC03 etc. I don't have all of these yet...

Card numbers, sIKE? I picked up the first 3 letters: OCD...
 ;D
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 05, 2013, 03:10:53 PM »
Are we done with spoilers from AW? We haven't seen anything since last Friday.....

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 05, 2013, 04:56:11 PM »
It stopped right after the box openings happened on boardgamegeek. I'd guess they thought 'what's the point?'.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 06, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »
All I am really missing at this point are the card numbers that I haven't been able to figure out yet. I.E. DNC03 etc. I don't have all of these yet...

Card numbers, sIKE? I picked up the first 3 letters: OCD...
 ;D

I believe you mean OCPD

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 07, 2013, 02:10:08 AM »
So from the new rule book posted, we now know and can confirm

Snatch = pull 1
Unproot X = pay X to lose Rooted this action
Vigilant = place guard marker on it at end of action

I was a bit surprise that Rooted plants with Uproot can move 2 zones for the cost of X
Togorah is pretty amazing
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 07, 2013, 09:53:47 AM »
Why/how 2 zones?

Snatch = pull 1

I was a bit surprise that Rooted plants with Uproot can move 2 zones for the cost of X

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 07, 2013, 09:55:30 AM »
Why/how 2 zones?

Snatch = pull 1

Because one move action followed by a quick action you choose to be a second move action?

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 07, 2013, 12:23:47 PM »
So...he's surprised that by paying mana they can move like normal... It was the way it was phrased seemed more like a special move than normal movement.

But in response, weeds! I mean you come out one day and they seem to have just spread and moved all over the place over night.  And definately end up places you're sure they weren't yesterday! :)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 07, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »
I was a bit surprised also, I was thinking they would loose the Rooted trait and gain the Lumbering trait....