April 28, 2024, 10:53:35 AM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610328 times)

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #450 on: October 17, 2013, 02:40:36 AM »
Great dissapointment is when spoilers revealed earlier was.

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 17, 2013, 02:58:16 AM »
So does the new creature spawning from the egg token come from your spell book points or is it free of charge?

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 17, 2013, 05:07:51 AM »
I assume it would come from your discard pile else your spellbook else the larvae has no effect. I also assume the egg counter is double sided with the larvae counter.

It's a really nice flavoursome idea, more sci-fi than fantasy, hence more an extra-dimensional Mind creature than Dark. Unless you can recycle an Obliterated parent creature (out of the game means exactly that, surely?), it has no mechanical synergy or theme link with Dark.

However, from what we know so far, this will never see competitive play. If the Larvae dealt 1 direct damage in upkeep like Rot (it makes sense), then it would be perfectly costed. But this hasn't been communicated yet.

Here's hoping about the Rot because I really like the idea. I think this was Shad0w's idea (like Shaggoth Zura was Dada's idea).
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 17, 2013, 05:16:42 AM »
I assume it would come from your discard pile else your spellbook else the larvae has no effect. I also assume the egg counter is double sided with the larvae counter.

It's a really nice flavoursome idea, more sci-fi than fantasy, hence more an extra-dimensional Mind creature than Dark. Unless you can recycle an Obliterated parent creature (out of the game means exactly that, surely?), it has no mechanical synergy or theme link with Dark.

However, from what we know so far, this will never see competitive play. If the Larvae dealt 1 direct damage in upkeep like Rot (it makes sense), then it would be perfectly costed. But this hasn't been communicated yet.

Here's hoping about the Rot because I really like the idea. I think this was Shad0w's idea (like Shaggoth Zura was Dada's idea).

That right there gave me hope that this creature may serve a purpose.

Qube

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2013, 07:31:59 AM »

Unless you can recycle an Obliterated parent creature (out of the game means exactly that, surely?), it has no mechanical synergy or theme link with Dark.

Do we know that the parent creature is obliterated?

I wonder if it will be worthwhile to infect your own creatures?  Infect a bat, fly it in... if your opponent kills it he now has to deal with an icthelid.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2013, 08:02:24 AM »

Unless you can recycle an Obliterated parent creature (out of the game means exactly that, surely?), it has no mechanical synergy or theme link with Dark.

Do we know that the parent creature is obliterated?

I wonder if it will be worthwhile to infect your own creatures?  Infect a bat, fly it in... if your opponent kills it he now has to deal with an icthelid.

37% chance that you kill the bat with 1 hit. hardly worth it.

Qube

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 17, 2013, 08:23:57 AM »
Good point,  it could still work if you infect a larger creature though... or if you put the icthelid in your straywood beastmaster's book and run a lifetree. ;D

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 17, 2013, 08:57:45 AM »
Good point,  it could still work if you infect a larger creature though... or if you put the icthelid in your straywood beastmaster's book and run a lifetree. ;D

Not gonna be worth it - Tree of life makes living (itchi needs to put larvae in living) harder to kill, while the the itchilid is non-living so it doesnt get benefit from tree.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2013, 09:13:40 AM »
A creature with this condition marker has been impregnated with the Ichthellid Larva and is now a host to this dark creature’s spawn. Upon the death of the infected creature, an adult Ichthellid emerges with a voracious need to find another living host.

So it reproduces itself. So Bats wouldn't be bad at all. Several of these could be quite hard to handle....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #459 on: October 17, 2013, 09:45:41 AM »
What would be nice to know is, does a creature can have multiple egg inside it? If yes, this could become very powerful having 3 of these egging a bat and 3 of them emerge from it, so you went from 3 of them to six in no time and it couod continue like this to infinity.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 17, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »
The problem with this card is that each itchilid can only reproduce itself once... This allows for a single chain, but it requires a kill every time.

And franktly.. the creature itself is not that frightening... 5 hp and 2 armor is just too fragile.

Unless there comes some unexpected synergies to this card, the ghoul and altar of skulls (not yet officially spoiled) then i suspect that these 3 cards wont work in practice.

Just got to think of it.
Playing the itchelid and the ghoul together with altar and cheap creatures that are durable enough to survive the attack from the itchelid but still cheap to cast so the altar destroys it meaning that there is a corpse for the ghoul and a new itchelid with a new egg will spawn.
It could be done with sacred ground and firebrand imps. ending up costing 5 mana + a Full action per turn in order to get a growth marker on the ghoul and a new itchilid.

Qube

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 17, 2013, 10:32:15 AM »
Riiiight, it can only reproduce once *palm slaps head*.  This realization really deflates my enthusiasm for this creature... but having it able to multiply repeatedly would likely be way too crazy.

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 17, 2013, 10:36:26 AM »
Thematically great card. Seems very fragile and risky for the cost. Probably will just summon a brute with zigurat, kill the creature and turn him into a zombie rather than another death spider. Love the idea, worried about the low life and lack of resiliency. Unless of course as mentioned the larvae inflicts damage while in hybernation. I think I would be more excited if they were fast. I don't really care much about climbing. It doesn't come into play very much, and i'm not going to send a weak creature into harms way over a wall.

Was it always the one mana cost to change the egg? I remember reading this card partially awhile ago and I don't remember reading that part. If so, why the change? Have any of the playtesters found these to be formidable in large groups maybe?

lettucemode

« Reply #463 on: October 17, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »
The creature is fragile, yes, but it's not hard to do the infect. You don't have to kill anything with it, just do damage. Then you can let the Iththellid die and finish the infected creature off with your mage or something. Bam, another free creature which can infect further.

Seems good against swarm builds. Opponents will need to make a tough choice about whether to spend resources defending a lesser creature just so you don't continue to gain value out of a creature that died 6 turns ago.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 17, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »
It works quite well with graveyard though.